Monday, February 2, 2009

Men are...

...stupid/fools/bastards/idiots…and every other expletive you can think up. Lol. I think I have heard a variation of that phrase more times in the last year than I have in my entire life and I’ve been around for a little bit :). So what is the deal? Did men get ‘stupider’ over the last year OR did our BS meter become more sensitive?

I watched a couple of naija movies yesterday [speaking of naija movies, what on earth are these babes *Rita Dominice/Ini Edo/Omotola et al…* eating/drinking/smoking?? They’ve all suddenly gotten rather lepa as in flat stomachs and all…make dem come gbe simi leti bikonu…but I digress] and I swear I must have said one/all of the above phrases at least 50 times that’s in a space of about 5hrs lol. I mean from my own experiences to friends experiences to movies to celebrities to the news to and just life around us there is a resounding conclusion that indeed “Men are ---------”. It is alarmingly sad and disheartening for real...

When I meet with God and we get to sit down and have a chat we will most definitely be chatting about the logic behind his order of creation:
What was his game plan when he decided they will be the head? That they will lead us? Why are we burdened with the responsibility of making it all work while they reel in their stupidity with pride? Why do we have to make more sacrifices? Why are we the ones that have to understand and forgiving as to why they cheat? Why are we the ones that have to wait around until they get their heads out their asses and decide they are now serious? Why are there 15 women to 5 men? Why are they quick to label us as 'emotionally unstable' than try to understand what we might be going through? Why do they have it easier? When it’s all said and done the man gets off wayyyyyyyy easier than any woman does. It is indeed a Man's world *sigh*

I won't bother going into the stories i've heard or the ones i have encountered myself...i'd be writing for days if i did...Trust me!!

Putting it all in perspective tho’…what is a woman to do? This is the hand that we have been dealt... “can’t live with them, can’t live without them”. It won’t make any sense to harden ones heart to the foolishness of men especially if one would like to settle down one day. I was thinking to myself yesterday that I need to quit saying anyone of those phrases so much [and trust me, i've been saying it ALOT lately] cos that is how the mind becomes conditioned. I don’t see how I will respect any man as the head of my household if I secretly think he is stupid. So I really need to quit with the slogans…they make it sooo hard tho’…God help me.

So we are to do what we do best. Be the best ‘neck’ we can be. Be the patient, understanding, rational, forgiving, ‘sensible’, loving…etc etc etc God has called us to be…his Grace will see us through. May we all be matched with the one whose BS we can withstand and vice versa.


PS: I do understand that we have our own issues too but that’s for another day :)



*Muah*

No comments: