Thursday, September 1, 2011

False Evidence Appearing Real

30Day Challenge: My Fears

Strange one: My knee giving out from under me. I think I’ve mentioned this before. It’s weird. 
I’ve had my knees twist out in the freakiest way at different times and that shit hurtttttttttttttt like hell!!!  So ever so often I’d have flash backs to the times it happened and literarily get the shivers or sometimes I’m walking/going down stairs or escalators/doing whatever…I’d suddenly remember and make a conscious effort to slow down and pay attention to where I’m walking or what I’m doing lest I twist my knee. I silently pray I don’t do something to hurt myself so bad that I’d need metal plates or screws to keep my knee intact or not be able to walk :(. #ThisShitCray!!

Common one: Getting to the end of my life without having fulfilled my ‘purpose’ although it feels like I’m chasing shadows and the more I chase this ‘idea’ of purpose the more it eludes me and the more frustrated and depressed I am. Just not knowing…ugh!! Guess I should probably stop worrying about that and just live huh? See, we make life complicated. #Iknowthis!

Semi-Common one: Becoming a parent- most of my friends ooh and aah about how they can’t wait to moms and I usually have a blank stare…like really? Some parents do their best and kids turn out crazy, some do their worst and kids turn out great. It just feels like such pressure to be responsible for some ones life and there is no instruction manual. I don’t think I’ll be a bad mum and when I think about the future I ‘see’ a husband and kids but I do sometimes wonder if the fact that I’m not longing [not to be confused with wondering if wasting eggs every month will come back and bite me in the butt] for kids is ‘telling’. The fact that I’ve never really had to live with kids or be around them [like babysitting] probably has something to do with it too. Well, here’s to hoping what they say about maternal instincts kicking in once there is a bun in the oven is true...until then salute!

 I thot i'd have at least a couple more but can't think of anything else so a few randoms then, ey?

I kinda [wasn’t really paying attention] saw ‘Unstoppable’ and umm…could this be the wackest Denzel movie yet or do I need to really watch it?

Watching Youtube videos [read: Naija movies] directly from[/thru/on?] my TV is pretty darn neat!

If a dude wore a nose ring today we’d all call him gay…Pac rocked a nose ring. 

Naija weddings in America >>Naija weddings in Lagos. Granted I’ve only been to couple of wedding in naija but I just don’t think they go as hard as we do here. Here receptions last till midnight and such. In Naija they end at 7/8 meaning no gbedu/after party….what with security issues and such. Maybe I just haven’t attended a ‘better’ one sha.

Should an invite have been extended regardless of response? I can't decide how i feel about it *shrugs*

Riddle me this: I love Chai Tea but my chai tea tastes NOTHING like the ones I get from starbucks…the thing is- We use the EXACT same thing. They do nothing more than dump the Tazo chai tea thingymijig in the cup…heat up the 2% milk and dump that in the cup and viola $3:48. Surely its not the milk warmer/foamer thingy that makes it taste different is it?? :-/

Are most [black] basketball wives hoodrats?? I thought Miami was bad….LA is just ridic. Pure Ratcheness!!! Dang. [okay, Its scripted and they getting paid...So it’s okay? I think not]. At least the Miami ladies were fine...these ones are not AND have such nasty attitudes. Ugh!

Buahahahahah…Hosea to Tia: “how much weight did you gain…50LBS??? Your baby is only only going to take up 6 of those lbs.” LMAO that cracked me the hell up but I was like gaddam ain’t that the truth!! Damn.

...and that's all she wrote! It's a holiday weekend. What's everyone up to? Whatever it is, have fun and be safe. 

It's a new month.....make it a great one, Folks!!


0(^_^)0

4 comments:

Myne said...

My sister once had her knee give out, I found that so freaky, but it hasn't happened since.

And being a parent is no easy feat, I don't think.

Enjoy the weekend. :)

mizchif said...

Babe you've been attending the wrong weddings in naij o. Naija/Lagos people party hard. It may not get to midnight but it's still full on gbedu to the max.

Taynement said...

E be like say na you go start to dey do friday randoms lol.

I've never quite gotten that purpose thing. I hear everyone complain about that and my first thot is you'll be dead lol. my own purpose is to be happy if anything at all.

most of my friends CAN wait to be parents.

I never send invites to those who I know aren't coming at all especially if they are out of town. I have been in a situation where i was told I still should have regardless of if answer was no. umm ok, that just sounds high maintenance to me.

R.One said...

Myne- Lucky her…that thing is *shudders*. Hope you had a good weekend :)

Mizchif- lol…you mean am? …I know naijas go hard on other fronts so you’re prob right

Tayne- haha, yea right.
You know, that’s the path I am adopting. Surely, if I ensure to be happy I can’t look back with regret.
IF you do KNOW they can’t make it then I can see/agree to your point. My comment speaks to no such fore knowledge just assumption and no consideration. High maintenance tho’? *yeshrug*