Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is it possible...

that my apartment is making me sick?? *gasp* :-/

I never used to fall sick...as in I went yearsssss without so much as a
cough but over the last few years I'd get a cold/fever/flu/cough/etc or
whatever other name they go by these days. You know, nothing more than a couple
of days and nothing that stops daily/normal activity.
Well, I've been under the weather now for quite a few days [nothing major] and I've also been working from home the last few days and have been indoors for the duration...as in I didn't step
outside. You would think I'd be better what with resting and fluids and medication and whatnot, yea? Pfft! I'm not really back to 100% and the cough and sniffles have just kinda lingered which is really unusual.

I had to be out of my apartment all day yesterday and even tho I still had a really slight cough during the day...I felt better, my throat wasn't hurting, I didn't really have the sniffles etc...i was doing good. Well, I walked into my crib at night and I swear you would think a smoker lives there. I have no idea what it is or why...I'd been noticing some kind of tobacco/woody-ish
smell whenever I left home and come back but it'd never been quite as strong as it was last night. I instantly knew that I would 'relapse' the minute I walked in...and I did :(

Aside from the fact that I didn't sleep a wink, my throat got to hurting by the time I went to bed, my nose got stuffy, I started coughing...just generally felt like crap the whole night and today

Now if my apartment is making me sick...how screwed am i?? lol. I wouldn't even know what to complain about if I went to the office...abi would I say my apartment smells of tobacco so come do something about it?? Lol. Walked in today and the 'aroma' wasn't as bad but i'm already coughing some more.

*I don't think its the 'aroma' thats making me sick [afterall i didn't just move in] but it def feels like there is something in the air or sumfin sha :(

Maybe I should get a humidifier as someone suggested...something about the dry(ier) air around these parts :-/


Iono mehn...what to do? what to do? :(


^_^

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pele o. I know that smoking smell. Like maybe a neighbor smokes and it is seeping in and err I coulda sworn I tagged you o!

Taynement

Shadenonconformist said...

Well that's not good at all.

You should complain to the office reps. They may be able to do something about it. (since my comment is a few days late, I'm hoping you did). If not, hopefully the humidifier does the trick.

I also hope you're feeling much better.

RepOne said...

Tayne- Ahh that's a great point! Didn't think of that. A smoker lives below me...that might be what it is. Eww!
omo that seven things is plenty oh...i'll get to it soon enough sha :D

Shade- I think the humidifier helped some. The air doesn't feel so dry. I'm feeling much better too. Thanks much!

Unknown said...

Sowi love!
I'm thinking you need a change of environment..
Stay blessed..

LusciousRon said...

Sorry! Get an air purifier or something. Get better

BSNC said...

Abeg get humidifier oh. ndo..

Random One said...

lol@ 2cute4u...I Just changed environments. Thanks dear!

L.Ron- I ended up with a humidifier altho i did wonder if i should gotten a purifier

BSNC- Ose jare, i did. I'm doing much better.