Sunday, January 9, 2011

2-0-1-1!!

Happy New Year, my good people!

We are 9 days in…how dey go dey go?

I gather most people didn’t bother with resolutions this year…why na? The problem isn’t making resolutions per say…it’s being realistic about the resolutions one makes. Me sef, I fell into the “I’m not making New Year Resolutions this year jo!” sect a few years back but I think it is imperative to have something(s) you’d like to get done or are looking forward to at the beginning of a new year. Now they don’t necessarily have to be new stuff…they can be a resolve to continue to do that which you started in the year that just passed on.
I have found that [for me] starting a New Year without any such resolve can lead to a ‘going with the flow’ ‘going any which way the wind blows’ kinda year. I had such a year a couple of years ago and I ended that year feeling more useless/restless than I did the year before…I felt like I just floated through the year…no real direction, no real set goals, none really achieved, no real progress…I just kinda existed.

Last year was #$%%$&*)(+%#....I don’t quite have a word for it. There was a lot of shifting around of things/feelings on almost every level of my life…Spiritually, Emotionally, Personally, Relationally...etc. Some opened my eyes, some depressed me, some made me bawl my eyes out, some made me light-headed happy, some made regret some actions [and there are few things i do], some confused the hell outta me, some took me to a place of resentment, some have brought me back to my Loner lifestyle –full circle. So yea…it was a #$%%$&*)(+%# year.

This year, I’m not going to make a list or anything [on here] but there are things i have my eye on/i'm working on and I will TRY to make sure my year is more ‘purposeful.’

RE: My last post: I’m going to stop fighting with myself. I need to stop holding myself hostage with ideologies I grew up on that now condemn and cripple me. I’m going to find MY OWN place with God…get in where I fit in with him not where I am supposed to fit in or where I fit in 10 years ago.

On blogging- no resolutions…we shall just go with the flow :D


2011: A Defining Year…………………..Let’s Goooo!!!



^_^

6 comments:

Nice Anon said...

Like you said. Let's get it! Howdy stranger

Anonymous said...

"...I will TRY to make sure my year is more ‘purposeful.’" now, that is the spirit.

Living each day purposefully after the other....

Happy New year.

lani said...

Keeping resolutions can be a kinda constraint, we should adopt an ideology of beyond-resolution and live a life purpose this year and always

have a great 2011

BSNC said...

where are you going to we are already in 2011 na lol.

I hope 2011 is way better for you dear.

Unknown said...

I just keep believing that this year, it would be much more better than the last.. Happy New year!

Rep One said...

Nicey- Hey missy! I trust sey you dey bam

Rethots- Amen to that. Thanks, bruv. Hope you've been good

Lani- I agree with the purpose bit...some need resolutions to make it so...to each it own! Thank...have a great one too

BSNC- We are going on to defining the year na :0. Amen oh, you to my sister!

2cute4u- From your fingers to God's eyes...Amen!! Thanks!