Thursday, April 15, 2010

Better Life?

...how much you got?

So we know every parent wants to [try and] ensure that their child has a better life than they had…they want to be able to give their children every opportunity possible to make it in this life. To that end a lot of people outside of the US [including the UK] want to have their children in the US…I mean what better way to avail the child of every opportunity there is than to make him /her a citizen of the ‘greatest’ country on earth…right?? Well that’s great but I never really thought about the process until recently. I was talking to a friend who was talking about her cousins, best friends, sisters, nephew [lol okay just kidding]…but anyways she was telling me how this chic came here to have her baby, normal right? Well, I now thought to ask how much the whole process cost...Imagine my shock when she told me ‘upwards of TEN thousand DOLLARS’…someone else said they know someone who spent $20K and has come here to have 2 kids = 40K. To say my jaw hit the floor is an understatement.

Quite frankly, it never even crossed my mind that these people don’t have insurance so they will be paying a bundle…but somehow I never thought it would be that high even though it makes sense that it is cos we all know healthcare is anything but cheap.

Now my own is that how many of YOU, HARD working class people living HERE in America have 10K saved up waiting to be spent?? LOL! When they say people have money in naija they ain’t lying oh. They say there is no middle class in naija and while I’m inclined to agree, sometimes, I have to wonder. These people that are coming to have kids here and spending all this money are around my age oh…no be sey dem get one kain trust fund somewhere oh. These are normal working class ‘average’ Nigerians!! I also heard about this chic that lives in the UK but is coming to have her kid here…again maybe I’m just in the wrong line of business but I don’t think these people are clearing out their bank accounts to come have kids here cos the pikin must chop after hin arrive…no be so?

I also did hear that some come, rack up all these debt, and bounce...LOL!! They have nothing holding them back here and there is no way the hospitals will get their money. Cunny man die! Cunny man bury am!!

It was all rather interesting to me sha

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Random is as Random does…

I HATE it when pple that braid give me the braids to split or portion out for them...I hate hate hate it!! Like isn't that part of what I'm paying for? Am I within my right to say No, I'm not doing it? Lol. Not that I know how ill fix my mouth to say that especially if it’s an older naija woman but it annoys me sha...i can't read or watch TV cos I gotta pay attention...mschewwww

I hate IAH! Never realized how unconnected[?] the freaking airport is.

I hate seeing cars defaced. I especially hate seeing nice cars defaced. I can manage one sticker but why do people put 10+ stickers on their cars?? It irks me does my body one kain.

I realize that I actually don’t mind washing dishes.

I've never actually tasted artichoke. Its one of those things I feel I won't like. I should try it...who knows, ey?

So why is this ipad thing a big deal?? I saw a few people using it over the weekend and it just looked like a mini dry erase board. I thot this new age is all about small/cute/portable? Them things is bigs yo!…thin but big!! *shrug*

Why is everyone being stingy with their internet access lately sef?? Finding free wi-fi these days na long tin. What happened to sharing? Mschewww. Lol.

…that’s my time!!

*XOXO*

10 comments:

Harry said...

Yes oh... There is money in the motherland!!!

Unknown said...

You sabi talk tory well well oh!
Na so so true you talk..Nice read.

mizchif said...

Onye oshi! Go and pay for internet and stop tapping!

Mehn, but naija ppl get am for moni i no go lie. me sef i cant wait for this sufferhead called med sch to end so i can go and find what these ppl are doing and do my own kwa.

kay9 said...

Babe, awoof dey run belle o!

About the good life thing, well, errr... I dont know jare. Lool...

The Girl with the Red Hair said...

There is some serious money down here in Naija and people can do anything to get Iya charlie and Yankee visa oh.

Fabulo-la said...

u now, those pple spending all that money to born pikin, think abt it, they wud still have to spend d money to send the pikin to school if na US them wan send am abi? And im sure sch fees for Intl students is upwards of 10k a year..so.I can kinda see how it wud be an investment. pay the 10k now once n for all and they can pay close to nothing for school later.

I think its cheating sha.

But what do I know?

Nice Anon said...

Viruses, possible fraudsters looking for who to hammer with. Tapping isn't a good idea nne. lol

Even with all that money everyone wants to come "abroad".

Myne said...

The coming to US to born surprises me too. I just moved here last year and already two friends have come here to have their babies. They both are ready to spend btween 6k and 10k GBP. I just don't understand the logic yet.

Unknown said...

I don dey tell you about the money in naija and how people just don't live off their salary but you still no wan gree with me.

I know someone who paid hospital bill, flew himself, flew himself and flew her mom for the birth, then paid to extend ticket when baby came later, then paid for baby passport then flew all of them plus baby back. THEN bought Honda Pilot CASH for his wife as a thank you and they tell me he does whatever job for mobil and I'm supposed to believe that his salary is the only thing he lives off of.

Random One said...

Harry- Yea, but you have to know where to look to find it

2Cute4U- I do? lol

Mizchif- buahahaha…why I gotta be alladat na?? :(. Na condition cause crayfish bendage na…you no hear? Good luck with that one…like I said above…I hope you know where to look oh lol

Kay- Not if you sabi how to do mouth chop the awoof jo, lol.

TGWTRH- True! True!

Fab- That’s true sha…didn’t think of that angle. You think what is cheating?

Nicey-m- I know jare…no mind me. Yea, but the difference is these ones can actually come ‘abroad’ whenever they want.

Myne- You don't understand the logic ke? Whatelse but to have 'nwaocha' Or to make sure the child doesn't sleep at embassy overnight just to get a visa...plus the parents have it easier too cos of the child. I understand it...i just didn't realize it cost that much

Tayne- lol…well me no know anybody wey dey throw around that kain money oh.
Chineke!! See how unfair this life can be?? Chei…that one def get extracurricular wey hin dey do mehn
Sorry for the late halla back, people…although I doubt uall even come back to check