Monday, October 5, 2009

Tidbits on my TV shows

...in my usual random fashion…

[Old news]So I heard Khloe gets/got/is getting $300k for pictures of her wedding. All hers…not her’s and her new hubbys oh…just her! Mehn America IS the place the be…da heck? It’s funny that everyone is shouting about the dude making a mistake. Me, I’m wondering what the hell SHE’s smoking?? What’s funnier is I hear dude was with another woman for over 10years and has 2 kids. He meets this one and a month later, he’s married. Gotta love life, eh? Lol

[Old news]Nollywood actress, Genevieve, got an honorable mention on Oprah last week as being the most paid actress in Naija…something like $6k per movie. Considering they might make 20 movies a year, I say she’s not doing too badly. It’s a far cry from Bollywood’s highest paid@ $15mil per movie…but who dares compare? Lol. Bollywood’s been around since FOREVER and they ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.
**Update: Found this on BellaNaija--Genny on her Oprah recognition

TV kinda sucks this season…a lot of my shows come on at the same time :(. I should invest in a DVR [abi wetin una dey call am] huh? Plus i think i missed the premiers to all my shows so i'm kinda lost and have been trying to figure out what's going on.

It weird how I can watch movies online [bootleg and naija movies] but can’t seem to find the energy to watch tv shows online. I haven’t seen one episode of ‘House’ this season cos OneTreeHill is on at the same time. I miss House :(. OTH has gotten kinda wack [sharrap to those who think it’s always been wack] tho.’…like Dan is now a wimp and he’s married to Rachel…da hell? And oh I still don’t really know what happened to Lucas/Peyton/the baby [cos I missed the beginning of the premier and haven’t caught up on it]

On Gossip Girl-- really??? They are HIGH SCHOOLERS for crying out loud…rich high schoolers but high schoolers nonetheless. Mschewwwww. Well, i didn't grow up rich so maybe this is what the life of the rich and fab is all about? Oshi!

On 90210-- Yep, missed the premier too. Why is dixon so mad at silver? Why is he so mad at his sister and why is she/did she act(ing) out? lol i really should just watch it.

[yea, i like all these HS shows...bite me!!]

I like the Jerry Kellerman character on Raising the Bar-- I don't watch this show often but i kinda like it when i am able to catch it.

On ANTM—the look of “Hate” on the other girls’ faces when someone that isn’t them wins a challenge is heelarious!!! Lol you can just see the dagger they are throwing the person.

Speaking of Tyra, why the heck is she competing timeslots with Oprah? The heck is she smoking? Now I gotta be flipping back and forth depending on what they are yakking about. Her old timeslot was perfect. Mschew

Dr Oz has his own show...i haven't found out when it comes on yet so i am yet to catch a show.

Real HouseWives of ATL-- NeNe is hella annoying now. She's just a hater jo...she gets away with it cos she's loud and everyone else is probably scared of her except Kandi. RIP to Kandi's finacee, AJ...that's just sad!! This life can be crazy mehn. Kim is just really dumb. Shree is bitter cos nothing seems to be going for her lol. Lisa, seems to be cool.

I watch A LOT of cops/forensic type shows when ever I can catch em:

Law and Order: Love SVU [last weeks episode was, Damn!!], Criminal intent sometimes [I’m glad that D’onofrio dude is gone…he used to annoy me with his ITK, he knew everything about everything], I watch the other ones whenever I catch em.

CSI: NY, Miami (I think I watch all of them but alls I know is “Horatio” is annoying as hell)

NCSI- I like the regular one with DiNozzo, Ziva, Probbie, and em

NCSI- LA (New show, I think.) LL Cool J is in it and OMG!! I don’t know if I can keep watching it…he comes off as stiff and his voice is annoying. The whole show is kinda meh…I’ll give it another try sha.

Dark Blue- They gat some cuties on the show and I quite like the acting.

In plain sight- The lead lady is hard to look at [God forgive me]. It’s nyeh but I watch it when there is nothing else on

The Closer- The lead lady is really hard to look at [God forgive me]. Not such a great show either but I watch it when there’s nothing else on

Bones- Whenever I catch it

...that's all i can think of for now jare.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Those that went to indy events, i hope my people behaved themselves [wishful thinking]. My weekend wasn't bad. It was a very wet one tho...err by that i mean it rained all weekend oh lol

PS: MaryJ is looking all kinds of hawt in this 'the one' video [it just came on :p]

PSS: Congrats to Pres and Mrs Obama on 17 years of marriage!! Many more years ahead IJN!!

PSSS: My shows begin in less than 30min.......Wooohooo!! :D


...Here's to hoping you all have a fantabulous week!!


*Muah*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

6k naira?or dollars?i think thats dollars oh!!not naira oh!!!it cant be 6000naira oh!!!
anyway,i dont watch tv, the occassional chelsea lately but thats about it.

Nice Anon said...

LOL! Well can I say i love love Dwight? Dude no send anybody but hin dey tok his own mind!

Bia the best shows on tv are Damages and nip tuck! Point blank! LOL Biased I know but really they both rock!

Yeah AJ drying is so sad but see how these akata's get involved in stupid shit? Dude apparently got into a brawl at some club. Make y?

Those two getting married is the perfect example of men. yes they will date you for 5 yrs.. go to vacation in Florida and viola! They've met the ONE! Na so. If na my darling she go sey "dem never halla!" LOL na true tok oh.Ihe ozo ha egwuo gi puoo pi! Ga kwa juo ajuju.

TayneMent said...

One of these days when I have time I will give you the low down on 90210

For all your shows, you could call your cable company to add dvr to your plan or you could look up episode summaries online, they'll give you a recap.

Re: tyra and oprah, both shows are on syndication so they are all not on the same network in all states, the networks decide what time slots so as much as I would love to blame tyra it's not her fault.

@Nice Anon - Nip/Tuck baby! premiere in a week! woohoo!

Myne said...

You watch nearly all the shows. I watch Desp Housewives, House, Bones, Castle, CSI, NCIS, B&S, Greys, and not much else. Nice rundown.

Anonymous said...

never was a TV guy -- too many memories of squinting at a black and white tv from an impossible angle..

Sweetnothin' said...

ohh wow, we're soul sister. love all those movies too, especially CIS original one. somehow and intrigue and tension gets my adrenaline pumping

BSNC said...

wow all you one, you watch all dem shows..lol

i like lie to me and i miss true bloood. i guess you don't even know this shows sef..lol


how you dey jare

Repressed One said...

@Leggy- Ma bad, I updated. It’s dollars jare. Than Chelsea lately woman isn't funny to me sha

@Nicey- lol@ Dwight…omo that man face na waya. Have I seen damages?hmm I can’t even recall. I catch nip/tuck if i see it as I’m flipping thru channels. Nne, the thing weak me oh…ontop wetin na?? Pple don't learn.
LOL!! Na God go helep us!!

@Tayne- Calling? Um yea, maybe I will lol. Thanks for the online tip. Nah, I wasn’t blaming her really…it just sucks that I gotta choose.

@Myne- I don’t really watch Desp housewives sha. Oh I like brothers and sisters too. I left quite a few off this late…

@Bagucci- lol@ black and white tv…dude, you are not that old na…

@Sweety- Word? Haha…you know better thing jare!! Me no know about adrenaline oh but yea I like em all lol

@BSNC- Na so oh…its weird tho cos my tv can stay off until these shows come on. Ohh I watch ‘lie to me’ too…it’s fascinating how they solve crimes even tho I know it’s totally farfetched. I’ve heard of trueblood but I no get HBO [it is on hbo right?]
I’m good dear, thanks for asking. I hope you’re doing well to.

BSNC said...

yea very fascinating. i like when they show their reference by putting up pictures of politicians or celebrities when they were in the same situation.

lol i no get HBO too now, but verizon gave us free for 3 month. You could watch online though...

My sista i am better than last week o. last week i almost mental, but this week na small kraze...lol. maybe i will be way better next week.

Fabulo-la said...

lol..Me sef I no getall those high school shows.


How r u dear?

Tatababe said...

Damn! gurl you really keep up with all these TV show?
I'm can barely keep up with Gossip girl & Grey's Anatomy here.

Nice blog!

Repressed One said...

@BSNC- lol, yea I like that too….i think I mentioned that in some old post on here. Girl, I know I can but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to go looking for them…pure laziness. Lol, ehya, pele…you will be way better l’agbara oloun.

@Fabulola- I know what you mean. I’m well babes…how you be, aside having all that fun in school ie? Lol

@Tatababe- lol, they are not very many na. That’s all I could remember at the time sha…I even forgot to mention Grey’s. Thanks ma!

Original Mgbeke said...

I don't watch much TV so I can't really relate.
But I'm actually watching Top Chef, Project Runway and MTV's the ruins religiously so yaaaay me. LOL
Wow, $6k/ movie ehn? make I go enter Nollywood ooo.
i like the cops/forensic shows too.

Kate said...

lol....wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww....you officially watch more tv than me!! which is not hard nowadays.
But...you watch good stuff!!
Yea..try that criminal minds...me i like it..:D
SVU is the business...aaahhh Stabler *drools*..aaahhh Olivia *drools some more*!