Monday, October 12, 2009

Men and Waiting!!

[A lot of] Women are under the impression that most men will NOT wait to have sex after they are married. I’ve heard it over and over again. The usual…

“It’s a man’s world…”
“It’s just sex, kini big deal…”
“If he ain’t getting it from you, he’s dipping out…”
“I must test drive before I buy…”

…and on and on.

Well, I put it to you that IF a man that has found what he wants is asked to wait…he WILL.INFACT.WAIT!! He might hate it but he WILL wait.

Okay don’t take my words as law oh cos my sample population is actually quite small, lol, but I know of a handful of guys and have heard stories of this being the case.

There are two common scenarios :
One where dude rants about not being able to abstain in any relationship and how sex is very important and how he had sex such and such times a week with the last babe blah blah. He meets the next girl, definitely wifey, she wants to wait and he actually abstains for a year or 2 throughout the relationship before they get married.

Another one is where sex was involved in the beginning of the relationship but somewhere along the line it is decided [usually by the woman] that they abstain till after the wedding…either for religious reasons or just to make the wedding night more special. And so there is a period of no-sex for about a year [or so] before dude gets any nookie. In either scenario, the dudes may not have liked it and probably didn’t jump at the idea but they willingly went along with it.

So why on God’s green earth do men perpetuate this nonsense about ‘ah lai lai…I will never wait…I must be sexed on the regular?’ Actually the answer is easy. The more they say that, the more women think they HAVE to give up sex to keep a man [I’m not advocating abstinence or otherwise…what you do is your business] and really, who no like better thing. I usually say men are so confused about what they want that they have succeeded in confusing women too. There are soooooooooooooooo many things men say they want and need and must have and [some]women try and try to meet those standards [thin/thick/phat/long haired/natural babes/etc etc] but when we REALLY get down to it…these men don’t care one way or the other.

...bottomline is do YOU cos its what YOU wanna do.

[err, whether they are faithful during those times is not up for discussion although I think the ones I know were…I said, I THINK!! lol]

…anyways, had a conversation with a friend and got to thinking about this. Moving on!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

**Omo, my memory is really starting to scare me :( i don't remember stuff anymore.

**It's funny [read: annoying] when people think they will handle your situation better than you are/can if they were in the same situation...abeg jare GetTheHellOuttaHereWithThatMess!!! Mschew!!!

**Did some painting...i forgot how much work it is or did it get harder/did I just get lazier? Lol

**I laff wayyy too much…

**See talented pple. I hear my cuz quit her job to go into her passion full time. I think that's just awesome. It reminded me of my own seemingly talentless state *sigh

**Speaking of talent...[some] makeup artists are going haywire with their skills yo!! Talk about using their subjects' faces [read: Brides] as their canvas [read:splashing color everywhere]. What happened to subtle and elegant? Na waya!

**Can I just say AGAIN that the word verification thing is annoying jo, Ugh!!...Hugs and kisses to you all that don’t have it. Massive eye roll to those that do [yea, i’ll still leave comments but that’s not the point…]

**It was really sad watching Kandi and AJ on RHOA :(…and her mums disapproval of him…wonder how she feels now.

**I hear Elvis’ hair is up for auction [Wtf??]…it’s hair that was shaved before he went off to the army [it was rolled up and saved for such a time as this…]. Goodness only knows how long ago that was; well it’s going for $12Gs….like really?? Eww! Eww! Eww! Americans won’t kill me.

**this whole Letterman debacle na waya mehn….meanwhilly dude is hella paid!!!

**Last week went by kinda fast…let’s see what this week brings.


Hope you all got into some fun stuff…I can’t say the same.



*MUAH* w/2snaps in a Z formation :D

24 comments:

TayneMent said...

furrrrrrrrrrrst!

As a word verificator, I had to add it cuz I was getting chinese spam comments on my blog that was rather annoying.

word, word to everything else...

Myne said...

To the main post, I def agree. And yeah the verification thing is a bit off putting.

Chiamaka said...

yes, some men actually wait, though very very few of them. i think the disadvantages of word verification outweighs the advantages

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

there are many men who choose to wait.

As for Letterman, he definitely spun this whole debacle in his favor.

Anonymous said...

i hope any guy that i decide to date will want to wait oh.

Sugarking said...

Lol. Nice post. I dont know if u saw my post "Virginities & Conji".

Anyways, i wasn't really agreeing with u on the whole matter sha (no beef here o! its just an opinion), but i was all too glad with the line, "[err, whether they are faithful during those times is not up for discussion although I think the ones I know were…I said, I THINK!! lol]"

How do u tell a man that has been having mad sex before that he won't be having it in a long time to come? or worst still, after una don do am many times before, u suddenly tell him u guys have to stop till u get married?? come on now! In my opinion, dats just plain asking for trouble.

ManCee said...

Emmm...I concur that not all men want a taste of the pudding right now...but I DISAGREE that men dont know what they want. Thats the domain of women.
You just mentioned it yourself "men want sex". Well, allow me to say on the avg.
Some of us want intelligence, someone who you can gist with, share poems with, croon to, plan with...ALL these pool into making the sex SUPER.
The question of waiting/not is for each person to answer as his/her system of belief allow. Na my 2 kobo be dat.
:-)

Repressed One said...

@Tayne- Oh really? I had read someone talk about spam but I had no idea what they meant…ah I see.

@Myne- lol, I’m glad you agree but you know you have word verification on right? Lol

@HYAW- There are actually more than you would think. I agree jare!!

@Solomonsydelle- Yes oh…so I have been observing. It appears so huh? *shrug

@Leggy- lol, he will, don’t worry

@SugarKing- I’ll go look for your post. Nah no beef, I wasn’t expecting everyone to agree…especially men lol.
Yes, I do agree that its kinda crazy to ‘remove food from a baby's mouth’ so to speak lol…all I’m saying is I know people who have found themselves in that position and while they didn’t like it, they waited.

@ManCee- LOL!! Of cos you disagree, just as I disagree that it is women that don’t know what they want.
Be that as it may…super sex and all. A lot of men will wait if they are asked to…das all I’m saying. lol

Myne said...

Do I? I didn't know. Have to go take it off.

Blogoratti said...

Happy new week,yea.
Keep your head up.

Misstarii said...

You've spoken.now organise a conference and inform the women! U r on point

doll (retired blogger) said...

word...on men and waiting that is

kay9 said...

Z says we can't hav sex till marriage, too; i told her no way... But i really luv her, i dunno...

Apinke said...

the waiting thing is kinda becoming a topic o....
i havent cashed my V cheque yet, dont intend to until i get married (yeah, so am crude).

my past boyfriends kinda had issues with it but eventually understood and let me be, of cos i knew they were getting it elsewhere, i chose not to make it a topic.

but i wonder, is it so unbearable to wait?! i dont think its asking for too much now?

Enoch said...

Forty days.

I say forty days should be the upper limit without sex. After all, Jesus could barely manage forty days without food.

So this is the latest radical idea floating around blogsville? Foisting an unhealthy fasting session on men. Abeg, the idea is too radical.

Can you point me to the waiting room where these men you guys talk of are waiting? Lemme turn into into a zoo so ppl can pay to look at those creatures.

PS:Try not to take me too seriously

Nice Anon said...

You updated and I had no idea? Na wa for me o!

Anyways what did your cousin go into full time?

Repressed One said...

@ Myne- lol, you didn’t? Well, thanks for taking if off.

@ Blogo- Thanks dear…right back atcha!

@ Tricia- LOL!! U wanna help me put one together?? We need a slogan of sorts...

@ Doll- How you dey?

@ Kay9- Awww, pele. I do agree it is a tough decision. Hope you’re Both able to figure it out sha…

@ MyBarrister- It is? Lol@ crude…nah you ain’t crude. It will be an issue for most/a lot of dudes. I think I know what you mean by not making it an issue but I’m not quite sure…hmm, make I leave am sha lol.
My dear, na person wey wear shoe know where e dey pinch am oh. For some it’s babanla frustration oh.

@ Enoch- LMAO@ zoo!! Nah, I’ve seen your handiwork [comments] on blogs…no taking you seriously here…you’re quite the jester [read: funny].
You know, it’s weird how that happens…we are all kinda interconnected somehow even in our thots, lol.
Too radical? Really? So the ones that do it are some kind of renegades huh? E no easy but it is very doable.

@ Nicey- Na wa for you indeed ohhh :) J/K. She’s into Culinary Art.

Original Mgbeke said...

Talk about it RepOne. Men will swear by XYZ but when they meet wifey, all that ish becomes STORY and it all flies out of the window. This sex thing no get part 2 with these dudes...I'm like with the amount of noise you make about it, ya ass had better be good at it. Nonsense.

Ooooh you paint? That is a talent right there! I'm so jealous of people with talent, I feel like I have absolutely nada.

How you been dey na? :-D

Fabulo-la said...

sigh..men and sex...

If they wait good for them. If they dont want to..abeg its not by force..lol

Abi?

Mancee on the other hand, I have asked time and time again U GET WIFE???

lool

Parakeet said...

Yes you right...a man who has found what he wants will wait...but knowing men if he waits too long he'll get confused abt what he wants and then dip! That's my opinion. If he really wants u then why wait at all? Go to the registry and get it done with.

ManCee said...

@Fabulo-la,
NO! I no get.
Satiated?
:-p

Repressed One said...

@Mgbeke’m- LOL@ they better be good…yaknowwarramin?
Lol girl I’m right there with you with that feeling of having absolutely zero talent oh. I was talking about wall painting oh not canvas or art…anyone can run a roller brush on a wall.
I dey jare, my dear…we dey push am for this side. Hope sey you dey kampe and work no too much.

@Fab- lol@ you using my comment box to look for Mancee…take ya time oh!! Lol. I hear you sha…it’s not by force. Make everybody do the one wey dey dia heart.

@Parakeet- lol@ get confused and dip. I can’t even argue that one…you may or may not be right. As per why waiting at all…I’m sure if it were up to dudes, most would go the registry route. Na women dey usually wan wait and do trado and wedding.

[You know, the more I think about it the more the whole thing sounds one kain…ah well…tori for another day.]

@Mancee- You Don’t?? *gasp* Oya go and update osiso!!

Azazel said...

Lol so true @ word verificaton is a bit off puttin..
Looks @ Myne Whitman while typing that..
Just came across ur blog, and it's very impressive.

Repressed One said...

@Controversy- lol, in Myne's defense she didn't know it was on...she has since removed it.

Thanks for coming by :)