Sunday, July 5, 2009
"I was Busy..."
Solid Reason or Pure BS???
Would you say a bf/gf/SO/potential/prospect/person of interest etc using that as a reason for not being in touch/reaching out/holla-ing for a few days is valid? I mean with all the technology [IM (gchat/yahoo/MSN), FB, Email, Txting, BBchat, Phone Calls, skype...what else do we have now?] we have…is there REALLY any reason one can’t/shouldn't keep in touch or in contact? I always say people make time for what is important to them. People can NOT communicate for whatever reason but please not cos you're “too busy” …hia!!
What say ye my people...how una check am??
**Na wa oh…what is going on this year?? And it's only half the year. Another person [Retired NFL athlete] found dead in what they say might be a murder-suicide. I’m not even sure I understand the story. There is something about a 20 year old girl that was his ‘friend’ and something about a ‘distraught wife’…mehn God keep us.
**LOL!! my naija people no go kill me oh. I came across the Nigerian Government's $5 million war against bloggers. I couldn't laugh nor do i even know if its valid but Err yea....be careful what you all write about cos the naija govt might come get you...lol
**What is it with [unavailable] dudes that think its okay to be yakking inappropriate stuff and dropping innuendos and ish? If I laugh, I’m encouraging it. If I don’t laugh, I’m being rigid and stiff…what’s a sista to do?
**I watched a show about a woman with paralysis who was preggers. The kicker for me tho’ was that her husband met her as she is AND he STILL married her. He said her paralysis didn't bother him. I just thought that was beyond WOW worthy!
**Why do people act like retards in the name of 'keeping it real??' It might very well be the truth but show some decorum and have some tact. Wtf? Rude Imps!! Mscheww!
**I think my hair looked better the last time around...it ain't looking right for some reason…like it doesn’t fit my face anymore or something. I’m sha not liking it much as I did the first time. Maybe I’ll keep my hair in braids now thru the end of the year or until it grows out a lot more. Then i'll start wearing it twisted out and see if i like it better. If not, i'll straighten, cut, and start all over AGAIN…
**For some reason my very FIRST crush in pry school came to mind some time ago. The oh-so-delightfully-cute, IM [then sha, lol]. He was a very quiet lad and I don’t even know if we talked much or at all but apparently he “loved me die” lol. He's crossed my mind over the years and I often wonder what became of him.
I couldn’t remember his last name so I couldn’t search on FB [lol stalker, huh? I was just curious jo]. Well, I was talking to another pry sch buddy and they mentioned his last name so the other day, bored with nothing to do, I decided to go a-googling. I don’t know what I was planning on doing with the information [nothing actually]. Well, I did…google him i.e. I didn’t find much. Found someone with the name who is about the same age as he should be, living somewhere in the south. There was a number but there ain’t no way I’m using it :D. Oh, I came across a Love poem that was written sometime this year too…lol. Ah well, I hope he is doing well where ever he is.
**Still a-googling, I went looking for a particular wedding website. Didn’t find one but found a wedding registry. Teehee!!
**I usually eww/eek when I see a man with ‘dress’ shoes and no socks but then women don’t wear socks with ‘dress’ shoes either so what’s the difference??
**I haven't turned on my TV in all weekend...
**I still haven’t seen ‘Transformers’ and ‘The proposal.’ Hmph!!
**Ohhhh….i saw the new Ghanaian movie “Perfect Picture” [another blogger mentioned it but I can’t remember who]. It was good. They have definitely left us [naijas] behind. Production was really good, audio was good, but soundtrack was still one kain sha. They weren’t trying to speak ‘phonee.’ The plot was predictable but I didn’t watch the movie with a ‘wtf?’ look on my face as I do with a lot of naija movies. Nor did I critique them the whole way through as I usually do others. They had one scene where one of the ladies was dreaming about getting head and it wasn’t gross. She moaned and moved right...It wasn’t rushed or annoying...it was actually believable. They also had a love scene that is better than anything I’ve ever seen on African TV…it was impressive. They are not on Bollywood level oh talk less of Hollywood but I can definitely say ‘Gollywood’ is giving Nollywood a huge run for their money. And that makes me quite sad, honestly. Why can't we do stuff and do it well? Why do we settle for mediocre? ehn...why? :(. When did Ghana start? They even have electricity 24/7....lemme not even start *sigh*
**For the yanks, how is/did you alls holiday weekend going/go? Hope you got to kick back and have some fun…maybe even eat some BBQ food? For my other people, hope you all had a great one too.
...Make it a fab week ahead
...I usually try to make my randoms short but e no dey work...ah well lol
*Muah*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
First??!!
Really?
off to read, will be back
In my mind "I was busy" is the same as "I forgot" so yeah, u're right it's all bullocks.
yes o! The Ghanians have passed us in terms of movie quality. I don't get it with we Nigerians.
I cant stand folks that go MIA becos they are in a relationship. It's always those that have bf's.
As for the unavailable guys- u just have to become immune to it. As long as u're single- u'll always come across them.
A short random thread is not a random thread.
I have to see this perfect picture.It was Vera that was talking about it with the love scenes not being unnatural and all.
I was busy is bullshit but wait the world prefers to deem it as you being needy and not understanding.
'I was busy'...total BS
still think guys wearing dress shoes with no socks isnt cool
Ehn but sometimes what if u want to be incommunicado...
But for other reasons, its totally BS (refer to sir scribbles II)
and yea ewww eww EWWW at guys with shoes and no socks on!
Gross. Our shoes are not designed to be worn with socks.
lol
Ok now i have to go see that movie...
awww, I'm glad u likey ghanaian movie. anywayz, if he/she is busy, find a reason to be too when he/she needs you, its only fair game
in this day and age, no excuse for not keeping in touch...period!
i will go look for the perfect pic movie...
I love random posts.
-The busy excuse is nothing but pure BS which I never cease to call folk out on.
-This NFL athlete situation dikwa very ehn. Seems very much like a fatal attraction kini, if only these men would keep their penises in their pants. We wouldn't have this kind of wahala. Mchewwww!
-Unavailable dudes yakking inappropo stuff= TRIFLING.
-I really think that you should chase down this crush. :-D
-Umm is this Ghanaian movie on BuniBuni? Abeg re-direct a sister to where I can watch.
And finally, my July 4th weekend was amazingly DRY. Jesu!
@Suliph—lol, I see you never came back
@48—Amen to that!!
@Tigeress—I guess you’re right…immunity is where its at.
@Tayne—lol hear! Hear! Oh, right, Vera! I mean the same ‘African’ type predictable stuvvs but not bad at all. Lol@ needy…screw the world jo!!
@Tunrayo—Yes it is!! Lol glad I’m not the only one.
@Brokeass—Ehn then admit its cos you want to be left alone na not that u’re busy. You do have a point about our shoes…don’t know if it’s a valid one but I’ll take it…lol. I’m eww-ing along side you.
@SweetN—…tit for tat huh? Lol. I can’t say I don’t see where you coming from
@ Funma—AMEN!! You should.
@Mgbeks—Of cos you do, seeing as ya name na random!! Lol
Looks like we are all in agreement. Sometimes I call em out sometimes I’m like woteva jare.
Lol…I bin no wan tok cos I wasn’t sure of the story but mehn na wa oh…wetin ‘forbidden apple’ go cause for this life ehn!!
…he might be married and have a few kids by now na lol
Really? No BBQs and such abi u just wanted ya ‘me time?’
I am watching this movie and this wedding night scene is KILLING me. Talk about awkwarddddd!
Ok, this co-worker dude with the goatie is all types of HOT. Wowzers. *drools*
Sorry for blowing up your comment box. LOL
Mgbeks-- LOL!!...na das cool, comment away...I just left you a comment on your page.
I no con know weda to reply you here or in ya own box...lol
Ok, I just finished the movie and wow @ that love scene. I had to pour cold water on my self...bwahahahahaha. See Gollywood o! Chei, I have now changed my mind about that groom. *drools*
*Off to book a ticket to Ghana* :-D
lol....a nigerian even directed that movie sef and produced it....u shld try watchig new nigerian films,really really good...have u seen 'the wrong woman','letters to a stranger' or 'love my way'?they are real good.
nd ghanains here sef no dey watch their films,ill mk them watch this one and know if they'll leave me and my nollywood films alone oh.they said their country is stupidly conservative and they hate watching their films nd dat their girls r not fine.biko shey 'picture perfect'? make i go show dem.
@Leggy…for real? Then why can’t they produce our own movies like that?? I actually watch a lot of naija movies and I’ve seen the ones you listed. They were not bad but not quite on this ones level. My point is we’ve been at it longer.
Yea, I know even Ghanaians prefer and watch our movies…heck everyone loves our movies.
They are conservative? That interesting…guess most African countries like to act all conservative lol
**didn't wanna log on
How could I have missed this post?
Oh well no one is ever too busy for you if they care. It is never done!
This one you are calling us yanks you dey jand?
See Mgbafo m acting like a dog in heat! na waya oo. lol
Damn, this post was somn else..lol. Thanks for checking on us, sweets :)
I havnt really watchd any ghanaian film yet.......
But,wow!
Wud check this out.
bad reason
I can't find perfect picture in this naija oh :(, then again i havent looked hard enough.
update your blog jo, hisss.
Heard about that Ghanaian movie too...
"I was busy" was my ex's favourite line of excuse.
I swallowed it till he showed his true colour.
Busy ko, Busy Ni...
"What say ye my people...? Pure (oops, undiluted) BS. Funny enough, there really is no harm in not being interested but, 'tis pure BS (why didn't you write that out in full, would have carried more weight).
Why? 'cos it neither dignifies oneself or the other person......and if we don't dignify ourselves, pray tell how others will?
Excuses are simply the reasons 'we' don't move forward.
Post a Comment