Okay the title is a little dramatic...maybe not mad but I think its more i'm 'not happy' with God or something just as retarded. Silly right? I mean i know i have absolutely NO reason to [scriptural-ly i.e]. Everything that is off [few as they might be] in my life is entirely my fault. He is ever faithful, his blessing are rich and adds no sorrow so any 'sorrow' i might have or feel is not his doing. What brought this on? Well, my mom was talking to me about what was taught in Sunday school. She said someone asked a question...something along the lines of 'why do we pray and pray about things and God doesn't answer. Are we doing something wrong and if so, how do we know and correct it?' She now goes on to tell me the response that people gave...the usual you're the one doing something wrong. He's telling you what it is but you're not listening blah blah blah and i found myself sighing and rolling my eyes...thinking 'yea, yea, whatever jo!' [lol. See wahala.]. At that very moment i thought...wait, could i possibly be 'upset' with God? Seeing as lately, that's my reaction when i hear 'preachy' stuvvs. I laughed at myself and shook my head...hoping lightening doesn't strike me.
...but nah, Jesus is my homeboy!! Right Lord? Right?...
I'm just in a very weird place right now, i guess. I be jeloxing people that can expressly and explicitly say they are happy and are advancing in their relationship with God. I long and want the same but for all my ranting and saying the same over and over again i seem to be drifting even further. Why? I try to start each week with the right gusto...you know, go to church and get rejuvenated to plunge into a relationship with God but alas...
Each time i get the 'Are you happy?' question i always have a difficult time answering it. I attribute it to me over-thinking the question cos really i can easily say 'i have nothing to be unhappy about. God's been faithful' and actually MEAN it but to say 'I'm happy' dey heavy for my mouth. I don't know why...
*EDIT: considering what just happened in DC i should be smacked upside my head *hangs head in shame*
Mehn i just spent some serious kishi on my car...something about some leak somewhere...ARGH!!! I be thanking God every time i can/think about it cos really the car has served me well....so biko B.beauty don't start crapping out on me now ehn...stay with me till can get you a baby bro ehn?...thanks!!
On to lighter stuff-
...funny story...well to me anyways
Conversation between boy and girl
*Boy and girl hadn't seen each other in maybe 4years. Girl sees boy and decided to say hello. She figured he might not remember cos he didn't let on that he did but she went on anyways.
Girl: [Hand out-stretched and smiling] Hello
Boy: [Looking weirdly and trying to think]
Girl: You don't remember me, do you?
Boy: No, i'm afraid not
Girl: LOL! *says her name
Boy: Oh wow!! *small pause*...............[wait for it]
"What happened to you?"
Girl: *Mental gasp/no he didn't* [Hearty laugh]...What happened to you too?
Boy: *mumbles something*
...luckily for him someone needed his attention so he had to get away.
**LOL, my people will not kill me oh...Naijas and their lack of tact.
Anyhoos, how una weekend? Hope uall had a good one. Mine was good...slept a little, talked some, txted some, hung out with friends, laughed ALOT, had a few *shake my head* moments, a couple of *gasp* moments...all in all a pretty decent/fun weekend.
I'm a serial txter as i've said before and i can easily do 3000+ txts in a month...see me thinking that was 'bad' or at least 'wow' worthy. Well, I saw this show about texting. This 17 year old boy had sent and received 125,753 texts in a span of 3months [the flipping heck?]...a print out of his txt messages came up to over 1800 pages [isi gini?]. Another story--A 13 year old girl stood at 17,000+ txts a month [pe kilo shele?]. The kicker was that there was some txters challange of sorts and some little girl [can't remember her age, 10-14yrs maybe] won 50Gs for being the fastest txter [50 thousand dollars ohhh]...again what the flipping heck??? these people need to come donate to my life mehn.
In other *Great American Justice news--C-breezy pleads guilty and gets no jail time...tho' now a convicted felon he gets :
-Domestic Violence Counseling
-180hrs of community service or 6months in jail
-5years probation
-Has to see his probation officer every 3months
-Has to stays away from Ri-ri [and she from him]
*In the event he violates his probation he could do up to 4years
.......in fact ICS!!
What else is on my mind?? hmmm...ah well, you all have a fantabulous week.
*EDIT: "Being Happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." I should try and remember this...
--Stolen from one of Elusivebabe's posts :)
*Muah*
20 comments:
Nigerians and their lack of tact indeed! lol. as for c breezy, OYO (on your own). lol
*Deep, deep chuckle*
What can i say gurl? I had FUN reading it all. (Still chuckling BTW...)
i wish i have a powerful relationship with God too, i mean the guy don really try for me, but i dey fall im hand sha. His is still my guy, no matter what..
i feel you ,i spent something like that on nightrider too(my car). His is just misbehaving..
No worry God is on our side...
Baby steps! I say keep @ it(cultivating an intimate relationship with God) and before you kno it u'll be like paul(phil4:10-13) - truly happy despite the reality of present circumstances.
wow, texting can bring money too? that's not a bad idea, "texting competition"....lol
Yeah those preachy responses sometimes sound very cliched, so I just refrain and let people be.
I do think that you will get to that stage one day sha...(and don't roll your eyes at me o). Maybe you and Ol' G just need to sit and have an honest convo.
Feel you on the happiness, sometimes it's like I have nothing to be unhappy about so why am I not happy and then random things help you put things in perspective. You'll be good though, I believe you will.
LMAO @ Naijas and tact. What does it look like happened to me? Shuooo. No make I woze pesin with hot slap o!
Just be happy,its all that matters...
But seriously you text a lot,lol.
Perhaps its about the process, not where we are at the precise instant with God? I dunno....
Maybe he meant.. "What happened to you? You look fabulous!!!!"
@NStoryteller-- No mind my pipu...lol@ OYO...i just dey report wetin dey news na
Thanks for coming thru :)
@Kay-- lol, umm why are you 'deep chuckling' at me naa? :(
@BSNC-- Yes oh, he most def is. Ah, i have read some your escapades with nightrider lol...na to dey follow dem tok remain.
Amin, my sister!!
@48-- Thanks...i don't have a choice...i gotta keep at it. Thanks for swinging by :)
@DTA-- my dear, you no see me see America?? I'll sign up with a quickness lol
@Mgbeks-- i'm glad i'm not the only one that feels that way.
LOL!! i didn't roll my eyes na...Amen oh, that's the prayer. Funny enough those are the only kinds of convos i can have with him these days...i've totally thrown 'format' out the window.
Thanks for the encouragement jare...u're tew mush
...lol serious slap...na these pipu dey make persin sin...imagine that kain nonsense oh.
@Ratti-- lol@just be happy...yes sir!! i'll get on it. I do oh, i can't even front on that one lol
@Bagucci-- Maybe so, this salvation thing aint chewing gum at all oh.
@Roc-- LOL!! you think?? Hmm, funny how we usually go for the negative huh? I doubt it in this case sha but good point lol
I thank God ooh. That is how my car stopped today at the gas station. The stupid mbe korota is trying to embrasss me . I don suffer but after much "prayer" it started again. LOL
seriously, teh texting mania is now out and abt to grab me self. this whole C-Breezy madness is plain old stupid, i dont even want to hear abt it anymore.
sometimes i feel that God isnt answering but most times i ignore my doubts and wait for the answer.someone once told me that God wastes time to prepare the absolute best for us...or says no to our requests so as to give us something better just bear that in mind.and sometimes i just think if its hs will and totally forget it!
@NiceAnon-- lol@ mbe korota...4real? we thank God oh and e go continue to start Amin.
@SweetN-- U suppose get with the txting program na...its the way fwd
@Leggy-- I hear you jare...thanks for that!!
This post long small, I skipped some but I feel you on the God thing. My struggle excatly but I think the problem with us is we feel we can do it by ourselves. Even though we ask him to help, we dont really let him. So I've learned to just let go and on days I feel like the struggle is getting too much, I just sing songs of praises and it perks me up a bit. You also know what I found? Guilt doesnt let you serve and love God. You must banish that first.
@Parakeet-- "You also know what I found? Guilt doesn't let you serve and love God. You must banish that first." I AGREE with this...it's usually the crux of the matter i.e. allowing the devil 'condemn' you. Thanks for that.
lol@ what happened to the girl. The too- what happened to her. she don become orobo? But the dude meehhhnnn!!
a lot of struggle with our wlak with God. It takes time. Remember that what u feed urself/soul is what u spit out. So feed ur sould with the word of God etc. Spend more time in his presence alone. Listen to Christian music on Pandora. read up on certain topics e.g. what the Bible says about......divorce, husbands respecting their wives etc. that way u learn.
@Tigeress--lol, i guess she don become orobo oh or FaB...
Thanks for the tips!
hmmm... I like how honest you are about your struggle with being intimate with God. We need to stop thinking of God as this white bearded old man sitting on some throne somewhere with a stern look on his face who doesn't want us to have any fun whatsoever.
You kind of need to rethink who God is to you. Forget about what you were brought up to think God is. It is you and Him now. For me, I figured God is spirit and I breath him day in and day out, he is right by my side whther I like it or not and my sins kind of make me move away from him but he is right there in that spot I left him when I come back. Good luck and Godspeed in your quest! :)
Post a Comment