So, it was my birthday last week yea? My girls threw me a surprise birthday dinner over the weekend at this plush new restaurant in town. The food was magnificent…absolutely scrumptious. I hadn’t seen a few of my buddies in a while so it was great catching up. We took pictures. Talked loudly [you can always tell there are naijas in a place lol]. They sang “Happy Birthday” as I cut my huge raspberry flavored cake after blowing out the 50 candles on top…yea, my friends are clowns. Dinner was great…
Every one expressed the night was young still and we all decided to go to a lounge downtown. We talked in to “…you spin my head right round, right round when you go…” I’m thinking “ohhh, I like this song”…sounded like the music was on point and everyone was looking rather dapper. It was full but wasn’t over crowded…that was a good thing. We find a spot to set out scarves and purses down and I make a beeline for the bar. I had had a couple of cocktails at dinner but it was my night and I was feeling good.
“Something sweet?” I heard someone say over me just as I was about to place my order. I turn around set to give one of my evil looks only to meet the loveliest smile ever seen on a man. He was tall and dark and quite a looker. “Umm, yea, sure” I replied smiling back. He asked the bar tender to create something sweet for me, paid and handed me my drink. [let me just say that its true what they say…fine boys can get away with most anything…cos lawd know if he wasn’t fine I’da cut my eyes at him and sent him on his way lol] Trying not to grin too much like an idiot, I said my thanks as I took a sip thinking “err, so what now?”…whatever the concoction was, it was Good!!
Are you here with friends? He asked. I couldn’t tell where his accent was from but I liked it [I have a thing for accents…no, not the thick Yoruba or Igbo ones :o]. It had a hint of Jamo and something else. I told him it was my birthday and we [friends and I] ended up here to dance the night away after they had taken me to dinner. He offered well wishes and introduced himself as Raheem. I said thanks and we walked over to my girls.
Everyone is chit chatting, being silly, dancing and just generally having a grand time. Incidentally, Raheem’s friends are close by so he joins them. Standing tall, head slightly tilted to the right, glass of rum and coke in his left hand…he’s stealing glances at me in between whatever was going on over there. A couple of girlfriends are oohhing and ahhhing talking bout “dang this chic who be that one now? U were gon for less than 5mins.” I laughed telling them the nice man just bought me a drink…sey make dem cool down jo!
“Zaga za. Za za zaga za…” came on…indicating the beginning of a reggae set. Everyone got to whining and singing along. It was time to dance...I looked over at Raheem…I couldn’t let a good reggae song go to waste [I love reggae and can dance to it all night long] I set my drink down and sashay to where he was standing. Now I won’t say he was the best dancer but he knew how to follow my lead and he wasn’t stiff. I liked the way we flowed. I was in my zone. Grinding and twerking...he let me do my thing and i worked it. The DJ was killing me with his chunes and I was loving it. Raheem teased about me trying to break his back so i eased up on him. It quickly got hot/sweaty/steamy inside so we decided to step outside to cool off…not before stopping by the bar for another set of drinks [I insisted on paying for that round].
He asked what my friends call me. “Ada” I said…he rightly guess that I am Nigerian. He went on to tell me how he has a few Nigerian friends and would love to visit blah blah. You see, he’s jamo-american and was very much connected to his Jamo roots. Nice! I thought. He was visiting friends in my city that weekend and for some reason that one fact made me more comfortable and daring even lol. We started talking and talked and talked…danced in between if and as we heard what ever tickled our fancy. The drinks musta been getting to me cos I was being hella flirtatious [blame it!!]. I was having the best conversation I had had in ages…he was funny, [okay, I laugh a lot but for real he was funny lol], he was doing what he wanted to do career-wise, he didn’t take himself too seriously...his accent made me all giggly.
At this point he was standing behind and holding me and I was holding onto the railing. He said something funny so I had leaned my head back/sideways into his chest, looking up at him laughing….and there it was. Suddenly, his lips were on mine. It took me a sec to recognize what was going on. He had nice full lips. He pulled back a little as he realized I wasn’t responding. “Oh no no wait, don’t stop…” I thought. I tipped up and found his lips as I turn myself around to face him…I could taste the rum he’d been drinking. He started off slow like he was ‘sizing’ out my lips, cupped my face ever so gently and kissed me passionately then he picked up pace…this man was good. My body was awake now, I was well aware of it and in that moment I made the mistake of opening my eye just a tinsy winsy bit [damn reason!!] and out the corner of my eye I see a couple of my girlfriends just generally standing close as if watching a show…completely distracted now. I stop. Confused he opens his eyes, looks at me then looks around…sees them and smiles.
“Hey, Ada…sorry, we’ve been looking for you, we’re about to leave.” One of them says smiling, impishly. “Oh, for real?” I say with a hint of disappointment in my voice. “I’ll take you home” Raheem offers. I could hear the need in his voice. I look at him and then at my girls……
...na, no suspense here. Notice how this is about “Ada”…read this post and you’ll understand, Ada.
teehee
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Here's to an even better week!!
*Muah*
18 comments:
FIRST!
Going to bed. I'll read later. It's 3:02 AM
Hmm,happy bday in arrears..
So watz next with Raheem??
Oh,i see you *
Where's the rest of the gist...
Suave..
Sounds like you had fun..
Good thing is you weren't not acting under theinfluence of alcohol.. but under the influence of something sweet..
happy belated birthday. no need to ask i can see you had major fun..
i think i get it, so it meaning this is what you imagine happening(since this is what ada will do) or did it really happen. I think am confused...
Have a lovely weekend too
gosh all thes redirections... :(
lol @ roc's something sweet... anyhow! Ada!!!! hmm.. happy bday in arrears xx
Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol!
Ok, now i am not sure i understand, with all this Ada buisness.....plix u can like to come back and complete this jist!
Hmm... looks like you're on your way to becoming "One" at least Ada is anyway. Happy belated birthday, so glad you had a good time :)
lol! off to read on Ada!
"on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol"
Happy Birthday nwanne..glad you had such a good time.
I need me some girls to throw me a nice surprise party.
I think I'll drop hints against my 30th ;)
I'm loving "Ada"..I think there's something to the alter-ego phenomena mehn!
It works for Beyonce and o-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y works for YOU!
I'm going to work on naming "her".
Now I see you are trying to repress the rest of the gist....like roc. A cute guy who lets something "not cute" pass through his mouth will still get the same treatment....but i get where you are coming from.
as for ada....hmmm, is that not called multiple personality? lol.
you had fun, fun, fun....that counts for something
Ada sounds interesting... hope you have a bit of her personality cos shes wild....love da prose
LOL these comments have been cracking me up all day. I'll make a post of my responses and 'hesplain' maself instead of doing it here...
Where is the rest of the tori?
@ Vera- Hope you managed to get some sleep.
@ My World- Thanks and oh Ur curiosity is served :)
@ Blogo- sorry for the delay lol
@ Roc- lol@ something sweet...no kidding mehn.
@ BSNC- You should have stayed on that train of thot lol...Thanks dear.
@ LovePaprika- U didn't redirect abi? lol. Thanks babes
@ Mizchif- I dont complete...i go try explain well well.
@ Ms. L- Yea mehn...its all on Ada. Thanks mii dear.
@ Solomonsydelle- Did you read/get it?
@ Ms. Mocha- Thanks oh. lol@ drop hints...i can send a PSA to ur friends for you oh. Name her and write about her pls :)
@ Naijagirl- I no get MPD oh lol...
@ Sweetnothin- Thanks ma
@ Nice Anon- i don upate.
I decide to respond here today...i still have some explaining to do sha...
"...took pictures." for some reasons they ain't clear, mind posting them again?
"...the 50 candles on top..." wow!!! you are 50? You really don't sound or even 'look' 50.
"...him laughing….and there it was." even the seemingly 'tough' one are oftentimes smitten.
Post a Comment