Friday, November 1, 2013

...Second to the last

...month of the year! Yes Oh!! 2013 draws to a close...ain't that something!

Make i random bo...

Thankful for ‘Travel vouchers’…I should take advantage of these opportunities more often, they sho do come in handy.

This ‘misuse?’ of “^^^” irks me. Only just slightly tho'.

I love #ChicagoFire. There was an episode about this legal guardian thing that got me thinking [again] Backstory: Fire fighter loses life in the line of fire and leaves behind a wife and two boys. His best friend [current lead fire fighter] was listed as legal guardian to the boys at some point before he passed [I’m hoping this was discussed but it wasn’t clear in the story…so for the sake of this note and drama, let’s say he didn’t know]. Anyways, on the anniversary of his death, his wife goes out drinking with friends. She gets plastered but still gets behind the wheels. She gets in an accident and her best friend dies. She’s going to be in jail for 15month. Guess who has to take care of the Kids? The legal guardian!!
The best friend [Casey]  goes to visit the wife in prison and she ‘springs’ the news on him. That got me wondering…wouldn’t it be nice for people to keep some kind of fund linked to the legal guardianship? As in if you go through the trouble to list someone legally they should have some type of monthly payment attached. I don’t know mehn, I’m just thinking aloud…cos I know a lot of people are trying to stretch a dollar much less…Imagine being a single guy managing your income and suddenly you have to care for 2 middle schoolers. I think I talked about something similar before with regards to God parenting but that’s not really legal and I don’t know how many of these type of scenarios happen with God parents. All in all…ki Olorun sa nu!


#Homeland Ep3. Chic starts out not speaking a lick of English and a midway through the episode she can speak English fairly well? Taaa!!

Carrie does "Bat-shit crazy" really well.


These TV script writers try oh…how imaginative do you have to be to just keep churning out these plots and stories? So I watch ‘Beauty and the Beast’ *hangs head in shame* and at the end of the first season I couldn’t imagine which way they would take the story cos the whole thing just seem a little limited, in fact, I thought it would get cancelled, but what do ya know…they came up with something.

It’s pretty sad when you have a five day weekend of sorts and still don’t want to go into work. Does that say something about me or the job? #sigh

Being slapped back to reality after building air castles about a particular thing or situation is both hilarious and sad. That moment when the carpet is yanked from beneath you and you free falling like a mofo, lmaooo SMH. #DeepSigh

Tempting as an offer to spend Christmas in Dubai is…immo just let that dog sleep.

I swear my laziness no get part two…I’m trying to incorporate green smoothies into my diet and having them for dinner is my best bet and prob a lot better than my cereal habit but mehn…sometimes even to bring out the already chopped and frozen fruits to blend na long tin…see my life? Smh.

One of my ogas at work almost always types with one hand. Interesting. He has two functional hands btw.

What do you say to someone who tells you they no longer believe in this whole ‘Religion’ thing and the God of the bible now sounds like a ‘Cartoon Character’ them? This is someone that served in a ‘Pastoral’ capacity in their youth oh. Hia!!

Winter has reared its ugly head already…sooo not ready :(

So now some poor guy has to live with and through a divorce because you let your family and the whole world talk you into getting married? This life sha. Admittedly, I can’t relate to what those pressures must feel like but God please save us from disasters waiting to happen. 

BMW is doing the very most…so they now have 1/3/4/5/6/7 series. I’m waiting for 2 series to come out soon. I guess making money has surpassed the need for exclusivity.

“Back in the days” or “Back in the day”?

There is such a thing as 'Revenge Porn' now. It's where spiteful despicable people go to post nude photos of their exs.

"Rebel" as a name...i wonder the story [if any] behind naming ones child that.

One lucky person will win a genuine Picasso after having paid only 100Euros for it.  If it were me, i'll prob sit on it for a few years and then sell if off for millions. wishes-horses.

Everyone has their body issues. Me and some other lady found ourselves whining about coats and not finding one that fits. Funny thing is we were both looking for the same size but had different issues. One was too boob-ful, the other was too hippy. "Eni to lori o ni fila, eni to ni fila o lori"

I saw the 'gold plated' iPhone and i swear i burst out laughing. Again i say, the cult that is Apple is too real!!

Tried Gel manicure...,meh! A week later and it was lifting from my cuticle area n not in a nail growth way. 


Ummm so yea, das all she got! Make it a great November!!

Be Eazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very much enjoyed your randoms! If I comment on everything, my comment would be longer than your post lol
But on legal guardianship, its a big responsibility yo! One I would hope had been discussed prior so the recipient can have it in the back of their mind. Even if provision is not made for funds for the guardian, but I would assume their would be a fund for the kids development? And being guardian would automatically give him access to that fund? I don't know, just thinking aloud
The pressure to get married in Naija is real! And sadly, the divorce or atleast separation rate is going up, its cliche to say because we think of the wedding and not life after - but pressure and desperation seems to push people to do things they are not really happy about - I know a couple who were not even speaking to each other at the wedding, pictures were very smiley though. Another couple have separated after 6 months, and sadly the wife is pregnant. Sigh.