…Apparently EVERYTHING!!!
This is a RANT
about fitness/F00D/exercise/etc. The whole process frustrates me to no
end. Eat this, don’t eat that…oh wait, studies show we can’t eat
this…that has been linked to cancer. I TAYA!!! What the heck is one to
eat? Mehn
people that don’t gain weight do not know what they have been blessed with oh. Yes, I realize skinny does not mean healthy but abeg that skinny person can decide
to make healthier eating choices and that will be that. Losing weight on the other hand…Oh bwoy!!
My
rant isn’t even so much about exercising. I know I can do more…we can
all do more. There is absolutely NO valid excuse
for not working out if one wants to…YouTube has made it even easier.
They say being healthy is 70% food intake and 30% exercise so I’m
ranting more about Food. Abi
what’s the use killing ones self at the gym when the whole food thingymijig
is so confusing and one isn’t sure if one is even eating right??
Legooo…
Since
I actually do leave my house early now, I eat a lot earlier so Yay Me!!
I’m able to do the whole meal/snack/meal/snack/meal
thing…most days.
Oatmeal. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it. I try and try….why do I try?? I don’t know…It just seems like one of those
things I should
like. Plus it’s supposed to be healthy :0. I’ll buy some…do well for a
little bit then I’d abandon it. What I do love is ‘Malt-o-meal’…it’s
grainer and you have to cook it on the stove…no instants like oatmeal
[I’ve never tried the microwave instructions]. The VERY downside to
Malt-o-meal? ONE serving which is THREE TABLE SPOONS dry = 130 Calories.
Can you imagine?? What the hell is that in the
grand scheme of an actual meal?? Lol. I don’t really measure whenever I make some but I’m very sure I don’t make up to a cup but more than a quarter up…so I figure
it’s safe to rest at half a cup. Per google, half a cup = 8 tablespoon. So I’m up to about 355 calories DRY. We haven’t added sugar/milk oh. *sigh*
lol.
So I started using ‘FitnessPal’
to kinda track what I eat cos I ‘swear’ I don’t eat bad…lol.
So after a few day I check the chart and my sugar intake is off the
chart. My Goal per the application is 24g of sugar/day, Okay!! Now One
cup Greek yogurt [a fruity one], which is supposed to be healthy oh, is
18g of sugar!! WHAT THE HELL is left for the rest
of the day?? Lmao. So the mission is to reduce my sugar but I have no idea where the hell to start.
Speaking of sugar. I like creamers. I use hazelnut for coffee and French vanilla for my chai tea. So after finding out
about the above I start thinking “aiight I need to cut out all those unnecessary sugars, I’m just going to use milk…I’ve not always used creamers so my tastebuds
will get used to regulars again.” How about One serving of Lactose
free/1% milk [1 cup] has 12g of sugar VS One serving [1 tablespoon] of
creamer at 5g. Granted I won’t use a whole serving of milk in my coffee
probably half and I definitely will need more than
one serving of creamer but still…
Green Tea. I think I’ll try to start drinking this a bit more regularly again. When the whole rave started I used to drink
a lot of it and I think it actually did help with some weight loss but for some reason around the same time my face would start breaking out in one kain
horrid thing…this happened a few times. I still don’t know for sure if
there is a direct link btw those break outs and the green tea but I
guess now is a good a time as any to find out.
Water. I’m still struggling with my intake :(. If I manage to do 2 bottles (33.8oz) a day, I’m doing good. Speaking of,
I really need to try one of those filter thingies. Bottled water is getting expensive jo…tap water around these parts have a taste mehn.
I even tried just boiling the water and cooling it…tasted the same. I guess logically that doesn’t even make any sense…lol. I use those crystal light flavors to
help me along sometimes…I use one sachet 2 ½ times.
Veggies. I mostly do Efo
[spinach and kale] ever since I learned how…I try to do awon Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc
sometimes but na struggle jare. Even when I make a pretty good
stir-fry to finish am na wahala. I do try though.
There was a headline recently that read "FDA finally admits chicken contains cancer-causing arsenic" wtf??
There’s
more…"Even worse, the FDA says its own research shows that the arsenic
added to the chicken feed ends up in the chicken meat where it is
consumed by humans. So for the last sixty years, American consumers who
eat conventional chicken have been swallowing
arsenic, a known cancer-causing chemical" WTF?? Wasn't it a lil bit ago arsenic was said to have been found in rice[products]? Hia!!
So wetin remain to chop na??
Along
those lines. I was listening to NPR and they were talking about MSC
[Marine Stewardship Council] Certified Sustainably
caught seafood. You know everyone is now Environment/Green conscious and
trying to incorporate better processes to preserve our environment.
Well, these people came up with a ‘standard’ that is environmentally
acceptable to catch and I guess process the seafood
we eat. Initially, it was a hard sell and no one [fisheries and such]
were trying to hear it, that is, until they talked Walmart into about buying MSC certified
products…they agreed and all of a sudden everyone wants them. Walmart
is doing a good enough job killing out smaller stores so now everyone
is on the bandwagon.
Problem now is, demand is way higher than supply and “They” [people that
research these things] are concerned that the MSC people are
passing/allowing stuff thereby lowering the standards just to meet
demand [of cos
MSC disagrees]. The funny part is when they categorically asked a couple
of scientists if a consumer goes to the store and sees a Blue labeled
pack of seafood [This shows is supposedly MSC Sustainable], can they be
guaranteed that they are getting seafood that
meets the standard…amidst the umms and wellllls…I
gathered that
was a ‘No’. LOL!! And you know these labeled products are definitely
higher priced than other and people that want to feel like they are
helping the planet and doing right will go for that labeled pack. SMH.
These folks just be doing consumers anyhow ni
sha.
**MSC’s Mission-->Our mission is to use our
ecolabel
and fishery certification program to contribute to the health of the
world’s oceans by recognizing and rewarding sustainable fishing
practices, influencing the choices people make
when buying seafood, and working with our partners to transform the
seafood market to a sustainable basis.
You know what I have a big problem with?? DINNER!!! I almost never know what to have for dinner. By the time i
rule out heavy carbs and high calories...it's like what else is there that i actually like and have at home or feel like eating? A lot of times I just settle for
cereal--> Honey Bunches of Oats...which i Love! Love! Love!! I’m surprised I’m not sick of it yet.
I know in the grand scheme it’s not just
about the calories or the grams but the whole food/product itself. Like my milk vs. creamer yarns…obviously milk is ‘healthier’
So, apparently, my hand is 'fatter' oh...I tried to wear a bangle I’ve had for yearsss
and haven’t worn in a while but I couldn’t get it past my…what’s that called? You sha know what I mean.
I prefer the elliptical to the treadmill. It’s easier on my knees and I just feel like I get a better workout cos
I sweat more lol.
I have just realized, however, that the calories burned ‘report’ is not
to be trusted. I don’t think it is accurate…actually I’m almost certain
it isn’t. There is this dude that works out about the same time I do.
This dude usually sets his resistance and elevation/incline at the
highest and his strides per minute is at least always in the 200s the
WHOLE he’s working out…which means he’s going pretty
fast, pretty elevated, and with the highest resistance. I don’t go
nearly as fast, even tho I’m just as elevated, my resistance moves up and down. IF we both working
out for the same amount of time…calories burned reads pretty much about the same thing [Like why am I all up in the dudes machine huh? LOL!!]. That KAINT
be right can it. I thought the machine, based on the information inputted and the information it gives/has e.g
heart rate, settings and such, is able to somewhat
accurately calculate calories burned. It appears it just guesses each
person will burn about 1 calorie per every minute expended. Cos for
every 30min exercise, calories burned is about 300~ regardless! That
said, I want a heart monitor that has a calorie counter.
I'd totally buy a Treadclimber
if I could afford it. I wonder why Gyms did away with them or why most other Gyms don’t have em at all.
Person go tink sey
I be Yokozuno oh, LOL!!...much as I wanna slap a skinny heffa
when she whines about her weight, her own reality is probably that she
too HAS gained weight compared to where SHE was…so, yea! Everybody get
their wahala jare.
This happens to be mine today.
Dang, this was long...
On a Totally Unrelated Note:
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? #DowntonAbbey.
I knew while I was watching the seasons finale that things were too happy. I figured something ‘bad’ had to happen at the end to leave people in shock or some
type of cliff hanger. I can’t believe they off’d two of the sanest people on the show in one season :(. *shakes
fist*
Happy Birthday to my darling mama. God bless you and keep you.
Uall have a great March!
2 comments:
Oh, you had to remind me of Downton and their final, so wicked!
On the food thing, one has to be conscious but I no wan over do it jare, life is for living.
this made me laugh. lmaooooo. eat drink and be merry.
Dan Stevens asked to leave the show to pursue "better opportunities" and producer thought it was best to off him.
Post a Comment