…if you were asked that question what will your response be?
It’s a seeming simple question, right? One that anyone should be quick to answer, however, I find that it is not that simple.
Now, if you ask me if I’m a dishonest person…I will categorically say, NO!! So why isn’t the reverse an emphatic, YES!?
It’s one of those questions that suddenly need further explanation or needs to be broken down…like "Define Honest", "What does Honesty entail"…does it mean you’ve never told a lie? What about a white one? Never cheated on a test? Never spoke ill of someone and lied about it? Cheated on your taxes/significant other/etc? Purposely withheld or omitted the truth? Never lied on your resume? Never lied so as not to go into work or reason for a vacation? And all those other little things we don’t think twice about before doing or saying them…
Who is an honest person??
Is it safe to say that since we are not perfect beings, there are no ‘honest’ people??
Or are there varying degrees/levels of Honesty/Honest people??
soooo….Are YOU an honest person??
*XOXO*
17 comments:
LOL, is that a trick question?
You've broken it down well. I also think there are degrees to how honest we are in different scenarios.
To your question, am I an honest person? Yes and it depends, :)
good question, yes and no. like myne said there are degrees, I guess the line is drawn when the lie could hurt someone else or if the person is a pathological liar. to be honest (no pun intended) being completely honest is difficult, sometimes more trouble comes out of being honest
Being honest is really that simple. Either you are or you aren't.
We have to tell white lies sometimes to even help people. So honestly is a virtue to have BUT sadly a lot of people are soooo addicted to lies that they don't even wanna hear the truth.
Lol I am not an honest person, that's why I categorically and emphatically tell people that I am a lie who always tells the truth...
nice one... we're often quick to say what we're not, but slow to say what we are.
Honesty doesn't just happen. It's a deliberate decision to go the hard way. If you happen to slip and fall, don't just stay there- pick yourself up and continue on your honest way.
lol. JST LIKE MYNE,YES I AM AN HONEst person and it also depends.
as my old professor once told us.. the right answer to any question is that it depends....
I'm with Nice Anon here. I don't think it's a difficult question. It's kinda like are you christian? sure you may not always follow the tenements but bottom line is you are a christian.
lol...I guess i will have 2 go with Myne but I will say I am an honest person
Okay In my opinion, I dont define honesty by lies or truths etc.
Its either or...You are either a good or bad person. It doesnt matter. So honesty comes in when you are true to whatever side you fall on.
dont be a good person and try to act badass just to impress people, its dishonest. Dont be a bad person and then pretend to be good just to pass some live test...that is dishonest. Honesty isn't about no telling lies..or about telling truths to others...its being true to your conscience. Its being true to yourself.
PS: who defines what is good or bad anyway? anyhow u are...be true to that self. And you'll get an honest man. A honest killer. A honest thief. A honest lady. A honest Man. A honest bad person....its cool.
That is what I think.
Mehn.. *scratches my head* It totally depends on the criteria and the circumstances..
On a good day?
Yes I am.
I really think there are degrees/levels of Honesty. Lying is sweet sha, I can't even lie. There's a certain slight euphoria that comes with it, the fear of getting caught out. lol
I guess i am...
Myne- lol...why it gotta be a trick question? I can’t argue your stand…I guess I’m not alone.
LahLah- so honesty really ain’t the best policy huh? …can’t argue that either.
Nicey- "It’s really" or "Isn’t really"? If it’s really that simple why do we REALLY have to tell those white lies? Is it a virtue everyone possess but we all use to differing degrees?
Azazel- LOL!!! Somehow I expect your response…you didn't disappoint...
Chinny- lol, True! Okay, I can’t argue with you saying its deliberate but if that’s the case how can one “happen to slip and fall”…did they deliberately slip and fall since it just doesn’t happen?
Thanks for stopping by :)
Fragile- Lol! I hear you.
Bagucci- True! Life isn’t just black and white…plenty ‘it depends’ full dia.
Tayne- Hmm, the way I see it...Christianity is kind of a 'label' you’re born with or into. Honesty speaks to character. Now if you ask if one is a good/practicing/etc Christian then we can compare both.
Harry- Lol, gotcha!
Nutty- Interesting point of view!! lol@ honest thief and honest murderer but I can dig your angle.
2Cute4U- I hear you!!
SugarKing- LOL!! U’re not a serious person…okwa soso ‘slight euphoria’ SMH lol
Beulah- …good for you jare!!
with Bagucci on this one...it depends
In general I think of myself as an honest person. When you start breaking it down like that then it depends because well I'm not perfect.
Do I even know myself that much?
Checking...
Post a Comment