Wednesday, February 24, 2010
"Give me a BOY or else…"
Pre-Selection- A woman’s personal experience:
[umm…men might wanna skip this post unless of course you also want to better your chances :p ]
So you know how African men are [sometimes] hell bent on having Male children? Well, I read this article in a Naija magazine called "Totally Whole for Today’s Woman” where women told stories of their marital wahala because of their ‘inability’ to bare son(s). [itsy rant] see how women always get the short end of the stick? How do we, {men/women} supposed, rational human beings...blame the woman for lack of sons when we all know there is nothing SHE can do about the it?? mschew[/itsy rant]
Well, towards the end of the magazine a ‘solution’ of sorts was offered. There was another article about a woman who although already had a son and daughter wanted a third child…and he HAD to be a male child [yea, crazy!]. Anyways, as she was doing research on how to better her chances, she came across something called the ‘Billings Method’…Read and Learn!!
“Six Basic things you must know:
1. Yes, Men carry the X and Y chromosomes, but with the right timing and conditions, the resultant fetus can either be male or female.
2. It is all about monitoring your cycle to identify the most likely date. If an ovulation occurs, several eggs are waiting to be fertilized.
3. The spermatozoa with the male chromosomes swim faster and die quicker, and if they are deposited before ovulation, they die off before fertilization can occur.
4. High level of acidity in the vagina creates a hostile environment for male chromosomes carrying sperm.
5. Ovulation, if it occurs, happens mid cycle, which is 14 or 16 days from day one of your period.
6. You need to be off any form of contraception for at least six months before you begin to monitor your cycle”
She said, monitoring didn’t come easy but she stuck to the 16 day rule— “don’t DO anything till late on the 16th day, when and if there has been ovulation, (because it doesn’t happen every month), there will be an egg waiting to be fertilized by healthy sperm” She also said, “For higher level of success you have to plan with your husband because his faithfulness and willingness to wait till the right time, is key. How else will there be healthy sperm waiting to be deposited if he has not been saving it!”
…and there you have it folks!! Go forth and birth sons to carry on your family name!! Don’t say I never did anything for you.
I no send una message oh lol but I thought it was interesting [kinda like how they say if you want twins, eat yam]…obviously it’s not fool proof and cause she ‘happened’ to have a male child doesn’t mean any of this helped. At the end of the article even she said “…remember God’s will is always best…”
Ultimately though, children are a gift. Cherish whichever one you are blessed with. We should all just pray for healthy ones.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I hope your week is going well so far. Mine has been great…got some great-bitter-sweet news. God is faithful and I’m eternally grateful.
Is anyone else sick of the cold?? I know I am…can spring show her face already, sheesh!!!
I have a seemingly monstrous task ahead of me and I have no idea how to begin to tackle it. I say seemingly cos I’m sure once I start it won’t be so bad but it starting it that is my issues now *sigh
PS: I don't care what nobody says nor am i ashamed to say, OTH Rocks!!!! :D
Happy Hump day people!!
*XOXO*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
AM FESSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT!!!
shuo! all these plenty wahala so i can have a son?! pls, life is complicated enough.
thanx for sharing sha..... who knows.......
2nd.... Tanks for sharing. D Y CHROMOSOME MOVES SLOW AND STEADY. AND U KNW WOT DEY SAY! SLOW AND STEADY WINS D RACE.
Some serious sturvs mehn,hehe.
So how do those of us who want girls do the thing then? LOL. I like this and thanks for sharing.
I was about to vex that y chromosome swims faster but then i read they die quicker, so i grinned. I'm okay now.
smh @OTH. I know you weren't talking to me.
"How else will there be healthy sperm waiting to be deposited if he has not been saving it!” ... looooooooooooool!!! Oh lordy Lord!
Thanks for sharing but this i must have a boy wahala is too much oh
this is a serious smth o! thot the billings method was a form of planned "contraception" married catholics are supposed to use???
i'm with fragilelooks here o, slow and steady...
MyBarrister- lol, I know right…it’s cos of that ‘who knows’ that I posted too
Fragilelooks- Omo, not all the time oh…sometimes the fast and aggressive win teehee
Blogoratti- Ain’t it tho’? Hope you’re good man!
Myne- I guess you keep making it do what it do ;)
Tayne- lol, you silly!
Oh and *rme
Kay- LOL!! Na dia we go see you…
TGWTRH- For real mehn…but that is some peoples reality, sadly.
Neo- Oh really? I don't think i'd ever heard of it sef…
please tell them..
Mchewww, let me see the man that will come and say anything to me because I sweated for 9 months each time to produce daugters. yeyerism.
Girl, I am just about dunzo with this cold weather, ahn ahn.
My friend's mum actually lectured me on this some time ago as part of her sex education series!
Thanks for sharing. If anyone does try it and it works, let us know.
It's annoying to know that not baring a son still causes marital problems. How about women start kicking men out since it's their sperm that determines the sex lol
I remember during my obs and gyn posting, one girl brought up this issue of methods to produce a male fetus because she claimed some method had worked for her sister and we discussed it with our consultant, who has been a practicing obsetrician/ gynaecologist for the past 20-something odd years.
He said categorically that there is NO scientifically proven method to predetermine the sex of the fetus. Having sex at exactly 3am or during the full moon or any other hocus pocus does not in any way determine the sex of the child. he said except we have some special african juju that we can teach him so he can use for his patients and make money too.
Oh he also mentioned that the male sex determining spermatozoa are lazy and the female ones get there faster and get fertilised.
So except you want to go the genetic engineering/ designer baby route where they check the sperm cells and fertilize the egg outside the uterus before reimplantation, be prepared to accept your blessing from God, be said blessing male or female.
lol@ 2cute4u
Mgbeks- haha, i trust you!
LusciousRon- You're welcome!
Suru- LOL!! now that would be making a statement.
Mizchif- Ah, thanks!! I was hoping someone in the field would say something.
Guess we can all conclude that men are just lazy and have been since they were lil swimmers :D
Post a Comment