Friday, April 24, 2009

Forwarded...

...i [we] get these things forwarded to me [us] all the time. I usually don't even read them...especially if i have to expend energy on another click [read: to view a picture/video/article]. I just delete em. However, I've read a couple over the last couple days that have made me smile or chuckle so...

VALUE:


To realize
The value of a sister
Ask someone
Who doesn't have one.

To realize
The value of ten years:
Ask a newly
Divorced couple.

To realize
The value of four years:
Ask a graduate.

To realize
The value of one year:
Ask a student who
Has failed a final exam.

To realize
The value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

To realize
The value of one month:
Ask a mother
who has given birth to
A premature baby.

To realize
The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize
The value of one minute:
Ask a person
Who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize
The value of one-second:
Ask a person
Who has survived an accident.

Time waits for no one.
Treasure every moment you have.

You will treasure it even more when
you can share it with someone special.

To realize the value of a friend or family member:
LOSE ONE.


AGING:

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life .. . You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30 ; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG:

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them."

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them , at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Bane of your existence?


Woman has Man in it;
Mrs has Mr in it;
Female has Male in it;
She has He in it;
Madam has Adam in it;

Ever notice how all of women's problems
start with MEN ?

MEN strual cramps
MEN tal breakdown
MEN opause
GUY necologist
AND ..
When we have REAL trouble, it's a
HIS terectomy.


TGIF
my wonderful people...hope you all have a fantabulous Weekend!!!

*Muah*

13 comments:

Original Mgbeke said...

LOL, this was a nice read. The one about age really cracked me up 'cos true true I used to say stuff like 4 and a 1/2 or I'm gonna be 18 soon.

I always say that my constant laughter (I laugh a lot!) is the secret to my youth 'cos people seem to think that I'm younger than I look. I find humor in everything, less worry lines in my future. :-D

Ha! Let's not even talk about those MEN.
Nice forward. Enjoy ya weekend Ms.

scribble,me.free said...

lol...this post was absolutely hilarious...TURNED 30 lmao

Blogoratti said...

I'm liking this,brought smiles to my face as i could relate to most things on there...
Keeping cheerful friends and always learning new things sounds nice!
Thanks for sharing and hope you have a lovely weekend!

Spesh said...

Very funny,pushn 40...
The value poem was also hot....

Sweetnothin' said...

nice one.... am never pushing 40. i'll rock 40.

BSNC said...

lol FU nny...

i was among that group o. i am 4 year one quater...lol

omotee said...

pushing 40..... very very funny.

will kick out all my grouchy friends.

but really? does anyone want to live over a 100? seriously??!!

Repressed One said...

@OM-- lol abi na, i could totally relate.
Me tooo...i laff at any and almost anything. Amen o jare mai sister!! Hope you had a good weekend Mgekes

@Scribz-- that's what you'll be saying in a few years huh? lol

@Blogo-- Glad it made you smile, I agree. Thanks dear, hope you had a good one too.

@My World-- Yea, i really like that one too. True words.

@SweetN-- You and me both o jare :D

@BSNC-- We plenty for dia...

@Omotee-- LOL..but hey, as long as i'm not a burden on anyone and myself, living to 100 will/should be a blessing...

Hope everyone had a bubbleiscious weekend

*Diane* said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment :-) This post made me smile, i take the part about laughing very seriously.

Roc said...

Refreshed One... what did you do with my comment??

I'm pretty sure I read this and commented..

Anyways isn't 40 called 'flirty forty'?

Or is it 'flirty thirty' now?

Repressed One said...

@Diana-- Thanks for breezing thru too

@Roc-- lol, what comment? I no bin see any comment from you oh. I figured you were on a boycott of sorts :p
hmm...never heard that one. I'd go with 'flirty thirty'...

Tairebabs said...

The age thing is so true! I used to be scared of getting close to 30 but I think I am where I should be..but i don't want to think of "pushing 40"..lol

Anonymous said...

"Tell the people you love ...them , at every opportunity." did you just say i should say i 'love' you? Okay, okay, okay...... i LOVE you.