Sunday, March 29, 2009

...Still I Wait!

There are things I wanna blog about but I can’t get them out…can’t find the words and will end up reading/sounding loony if i try.

So........

I had told myself a while ago that I would write love notes to my future hubby and maybe have him read the collection whenever he found his way…I found this one [first one] I wrote about a year ago and decided to share.
*********************************************************

Where are you my love?
Why do you make me wait so?
And for how long will you make me wait?
Do you not long for me as i do you?
Do you not ache for my love as I ache for yours?

I think about you constantly. Waiting is getting harder
I wake up to thoughts of you and fall asleep with you on my mind. My mind is getting weary. But what is a woman to do? Pray that these thoughts be forever removed from me? To what end? Even I can’t comprehend. So what choice do I have?

I wonder what you are like. I play out our meeting in my head… how will our paths cross?
Day dreams about the very first “hello” to the “I love you” to the “Marry me”
I imagine cupping your face in my hands, kissing you, and loving every inch of your body.
I imagine the square in your shoulders, the broadness of your chest, and the not-quite dimple on your right cheek, the smiley-smirk that melts my heart and drives me mad.
I imagine play fights and piggy-back rides.
I imagine stroking the back of your head as you drive and you lacing your fingers through mine as I drive.
I wonder where you live. Would I have to move or would you?
I could go on but...

It’s one story I can’t write...much as I want to
All I can do is wait
Wait on God to move on our behalf
Wait on God to finish his work on you and me
Wait on you to find me and know that I am yours and no one else.
Wait on the journey that leads us to the point where we agree to be one forever, pledge that we are in it till death separates us.

Oh, I know our Father knows what he is doing but waiting is no easier. Maybe he is waiting on me to learn some life lesson and I’m yet to…? Or he is still molding you after his own heart...?

Well, my love, the wait continues. Until the day our paths cross, continue to be the man that God has called you to be. A man that I will be proud to call my own…


LOL. Cheesy huh?...yea I know. I can’t say I feel much different from when this was written sha *sigh*

Hope uall had a lovely weekend. Here’s to an even better week ahead!!

*Muah*

14 comments:

JustDB said...

Emotive...the dude will definitely appreciate...

BSNC said...

is not chessy. i think it is really nice

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww.. this is really sweet.

Chookz said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog I enjoyed your poem and lovely post

Good Naija Girl said...

That's so beautiful! Not cheesy at all because it's obvious that it's heartfelt!

Spesh said...

Chessy??? No,I think its a great way of putting your emotins in words...
9ice post,thx 4 stopin by ma blog n sorry 4 the problems earlier.
xox!

.. said...

Cheesy??
Not in the least bit...on the contrary,it's quite brilliant..
Would never have thought about this...That dude would be one lucky guy....

Roc said...

A beautiful thing.. Not cheesy in the least..

Repressed One said...

Aww thanks people. Uall are too mush jo!! :D

Nice Anon said...

nice one there.

Buttercup said...

awwww i loved this!

love is supposed to be cheesy abeg!

im sure he'll love it..

Anonymous said...

...right here.
...'cos, time is not just right yet.
...a lil while more, till the time is 'right'.
...of course i do, even much more than you.
...do, and imagine also how splendid 'twould be.

Repressed One said...

HAHA!!! Lovely, Rethots! Just lovely!!

Bia, do i know you???????

rethots said...

re_thots@yahoo.com