Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flying N Tins

Umm so did they stop charging for checked baggage and I missed the news? :-/ Or was I just lucky cos I happened to have priority access on this trip? Yea, I realize I can google or coulda asked them at the counter but I couldn’t be bothered jare :o

Anyways, flight was uneventful…thank God. It was a pretty empty flight so I had my row of seats to myself; I tried to nap but wussai!! I got restless and decided to ‘blog’…duh not for you jo, for my other stash :D. well, as I was typing I kept seeing the attendant in the first class portion of the aircraft going back and forth serving guests with all sorts of things I couldn’t see clearly and I got to thinking…

Would I ever actually 'shell' out an extra grand or couple of grand for a first class ticket? I’ve flown business class before where you get unlimited drinks and snack and sometimes meals but never flown first class. One friend went home for Christmas and she’s been carrying on about how she has to fly first class the next time she goes home…she is well aware that it would cost Gs more oh. I have another friend with a family who says she would never fly anywhere long distance (6+ hours) unless its first class…a family of 4@ maybe 3G’s each…that’s A LOT of cheddar yo!! I have yet another one who goes home to France at least twice a year and would fly nothing but first class…talk about pissing in high cotton mehn. We ain't all able.

Now don’t get me wrong oh…it’s a luxury I would love to enjoy, after all who no like better thing but is it worth it? I am reminded of the last time I went home…as I was exiting my KLM flight I actually paused for like 5secs as I passed the first class portion just to take it all in. Massive comfy looking leather seats that recline all the way back, enough room to stretch and do whatever, your own personal lamp on the seat, I thought about the variety of medemede drinks/food/snacks/warm towels etc etc that they must have enjoyed. I actually stood there, shook my head and said “dang, money yab man!!” lol. Still, will I do it? We all get to the same destination at the same time ke. Will I spend an extra G or two for comfort?? Convenience is a different thing…a lot of times I’d pay for convenience, like I’d be willing to pay quite a bit more for a direct flight to avoid connecting anywhere…[I’m sure some might argue that they go hand in hand]. I don’t know mehn…at this very point as I type I don’t think I will oh but who knows? :D

What is the proper etiquette concerning eating on the plane? I always kinda feel bad when I take food on the plane cos I realize it might be offensive to some or not a welcome aroma to some or like I was a victim of the other day…i might be just be making others salivate and they have to endure the flight hungry. It doesn’t stop me from taking food on the plane if im hungry and wanna eat oh lol but I just often wondered what, if any, is the proper etiquette. Hmmm

What irks me about travelers? A few things but the most disgusting of all would have to be people who somehow think it is okay to pass gas on the plane. Like are you freaking kidding me?? It’s bad enough we ALL have to share the ‘limited’ circulating oxygen…you had to pollute it with what you had for lunch?? Disgusting!! Arghh. Lesser offenses—unwanted chit-chatter…leave me, I’m tired and don’t feel like useless banter. Travelers who sleep and snore…loudly. Travelers who sleep with their mouth open and have funky breath that I have to endure cos u’re sitting next to me. Travelers who carry on conversations like they are in their living room—inside voice people!! Toddlers that won’t be quiet…ugh. I would say crying babies too but that can’t be helped…that's all i can think of at the mo'

--I had said in my plane write-up that my WOC status would probably hit me sometime next week or so. LOL! i spoke too soon...how about i got home and saw insurance papers informing of cancellation and what my options for coverage are...omo the thing hit me real quick. LOL. We gotta laff to keep from crying oh, bloggy...God dey.

--It literally gets my blood boiling when my txts are ignored or something goes unanswered. It's just blatantly rude!! I know sometimes its unintentional its still irks me sha. What's even worse is when i give benefit of doubt and I resend whatever it was and it still gets ignored...arghh. I'm sure i do it too sometimes but not blatantly mehn...I'll be alright abi? lol

...this is long enough jare...make i go find something put for mouth

*Muah*

No comments: