Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Kept" Woman

I Am a 'Kept' Woman
-You see, there were a few times when I thought I would lose my mind, But GOD kept me sane. (Isa. 26:3)
-There were times when I thought I could go on no longer, But the LORD kept me moving. (Gen 28:15)
-At times, I've wanted to lash out at those whom I felt had done me wrong, But the LORD kept my mouth shut. (Psa. 13)
-Sometimes, I think the money just isn't enough,But GOD has helped me to keep the lights on, the water on, the car paid, the house paid, etc.., (Matt. 6:25 -34)
-When I thought I would fall, HE kept me up. When I thought I was weak, HE kept me strong! (I Pet. 5:7, Matt. 11:28-30 )
-I could go on and on and on, but I'm sure you hear me! I'm blessed to be 'kept.'

Church was good today. The message was titled Turn it On!! the annointing i.e. The pastor admonised that there is such a thing as a 'middle praise'...you know the point where u're not where you should be but far from where you used to be? He said that even at that point there is a need to give praise because it moves the heart of God.

I forget to do that sometimes. I forget to REALLY stop and thank God for the 'now'. If this God of mine never did anything else for me he would have done enough. I subconsciously wonder what the future holds and how it will all work but he is the God that maketh rich and addeth no sorrow. He is the unchanging changer. He is my provider...i've been thinking alot about what will happen with finances and such now that i might be out of job but i was just reminded today that it is he who keeps me. Getting this job was nothing short of a miracle [i should write about that someday]. I could have been gone from the company last summer but he kept me. If it be his will this time around he alone will keep me. If not...the will make it all work out for my good. It's what he does.

So today, i give a middle praise!!! I thank you God for it all...the good, the not-so-good, and even the bad. You alone are worthy of all the praise.

-It's the sunday after the bishop's son was in the news but i went for second service so i missed what he had to say, he had to fly out right after the first service. It isn't getting as much media flame as i thot it would. That is a good thing. I hope they are able to get through this and get that boy whatever help he needs.

*Muah*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" You alone are worthy of all the praise." ...only Him.