I was about 9 or 10 years old and we had all taken a summer holiday. Our host had this huge dog they called ‘Ben’...big fluffy, playful dog. The bigger kids decided to take us younger kids to the park after a rainy morning. Me, wanting to be a big girl offered to walk the dog…big mistake!
On the stroll to the playground Ben starts to run and I’m thinking oh this is fun…I run along with him trying to keep up…unbeknown to me we we're headed down a hill…buahahaha guess what happened? O’boy see tumbling oh LOL…the older kids were screaming ‘let go of the leash, let go of the leash’ but my brain couldn’t even grasp that I was just thinking ‘oh my God, oh my God I’m falling’…well I eventually let go of the leash after I had fallen and been dragged a little ways…sweet Lord did a get bruised...had scratches all down both legs!! So much for my holiday, I swore for that dog under my breath each time it came around until we went back home…stupid devil dog hissssssss. I don’t know why I remembered that. Lol
...Church
Church today was okay, i guess. I went to a different church today and don't ask me what the word of the day was cos i don't even remember lol [hear me out first na...].
Let me speak on my disappointment with the Nigerian Churches i have encountered...well at least where i am located. In my search for a home church, I have been to a few of these pentecostal/non-denomenational churchs and sadly, the story has remained to same.
The problem? Incorrect grammar!! Oohhh Eemmm Geee!! These are people that have a Bachelors degree and in some instances a Masters and even a PhD. I'm not even talking about the accent or phonee. I'm talking just proper use of tenses. How am i expected to pay attention to whatever word is being spoken when i can't help but cringe at the grammatical errors coming from the pulpit? Aside from grammar there is the issue of uncoordination. They are all over the place with the message, it doesn't flow, the references and analogy are hit or miss thereby making it hard to understand or draw anything tangible from. I find myself going "Huh? that doesn't make sense." "How did you get that from the verse you just read?"
It's not all bad tho' cos the praise and worship is usually on point. We dance and praise and have a good time but when it is time for the word it all goes south. Does that make me a bad christian? lol God forgive me but I hope not oh but i just can't do it...i can't worship in a place from where i draw nothing.
I love praise and worship because it helps me get in the right mode for the word but even more than that I love a man of God that can deliver the word precisely, concisely, and effectively...being a great orator is of course a huge plus. Everything should come together at the end of it all...tied up in a nice little bow. I want to be able to at least take something away from each service, if not why not just stay in my bed?
I loved my church back home and have been desperately looking for one like it [shoutout to FOLC]. It was just the right size, my pastor was great, i was a bencher till i was ready to serve, i knew enough people to feel involved/connected and it was big enough to where i didn't have a mob look for me if i missed a service. I LOVED it *sigh*...the search continues sha. God help me in my search...
**The Grammy's come on today--I might tune in, if i do, i might be back with comments...till then or not...
*Muah*
No comments:
Post a Comment