Whatsssssssssuuuuppppppppppppppp Bloggy!!! I've been gone for a hot minute huh? As in, I even stopped making my rounds…like completely fell off. Not sure I’m back cos it seems this blog thing has left my body, sadly, but I made a mental note to come back exactly six months [almost missed it too] after my last post so here we are.
I wasn’t sure if I would just
random as usual or do an actual post. If I random, I get to cram stuff into one
post. If I do an actual post then I’m saying I’ll come back and write the
rest…can’t promise that.
So random it is :D
Can one decline being a God
parent? How would one go about doing that? I have 3 God children…I don’t have
any kids of my own yet. I was thinking the other day that GOD FORBID anything
happens to their parents…I automatically have 3 kids to take care of [I know a
lot of people just pick God parents as ‘something to do’ cos I really don’t
know if these people go the legal route of naming God parent as guardian but…].
So yea, imagine something happened like right now at this point in my life…how
on God’s green earth will I care for 3 kids…varying ages. Yikes!!!
Oddly enough I was talking to one of the parent of
one of my God kids [after i had the above thot] and he said “…be there thinking its cute oh. If something
happens to me and I will him to you, you’re the one that’s going to deal with
him.” Which kinda buttresses my point above…they would actually have to pen me
down as a guardian [which I’m not sure people really do]. That statement
sounded like it wasn’t automatic that he wills him to me...abi? Hmm.
I've been on two international trips
this year…two totally different types of trips: One was full on touristy type…I
mean the works- tours/wakajugbeing/sight-seeing/day trip to another city/etc.
The other was full on chill/party type- food and drink all inclusive/pool and
beach lounging/adrenalin pumping activities…YOLO type steez. I had a
freaking BLAST at both. I wonder if I can squeeze one more in before the year
runs out…probably not. Wait, will Canada count? Hmm
The MeàGodàMy
Faith triangle gets more complicated and frustrating as the years go by. I must
be missing/not getting something. I hear great word [mostly have], do all I can
to build my faith but somehow it remains really hard. I just never feel like my
relationship is where it should/can be. I feel like my prayers stay “going to
voicemail”. God is God right so obviously the problem is with………….?? You guess
it!! *sigh* That said, I’m feeling the urge to just lay low again…don’t know if
that a good idea or not [actually I’m sure it’s not]. I feel like I’m becoming
embittered [*Gasp!*] and I don’t know how to turn it around :cry:
Disappointments from people
are one thing, feeling disappointments [you were really expecting/praying about
something] from God are a whole ‘nother story. How are you to constantly “build
up your most holy faith” in the midst of recurring ‘disappointments’?
You all know I’m natural
right? Well I went and did something stupid!!! I caught myself trying to give
myself a trim and guess what I did?? Chopped most of the bloody thing off…I wanted
to cry!! Like who sent me message? I honestly was thinking ‘ah I just need to
trim it a little and even it out…how hard can it be?’ Omo mehn…I pretty much
did another ‘Big Chop’…my Third one so far. I am, however, pleased to announce
that it is growing back nicely [I was scared I had jinxed my growth]
*whoop*whoop*…by this time next year I’ll probably be back to where I was. I’d
post pictures but I’m too lazy to.
Finally bought my sewing
machine…wooohoooo!!! I’m working on a few things. I might do another post…if
laziness doesn’t get the better of me. I even joined a meetup…let’s see if I
ever go.
So it
seems fertility has been a hot topic on some of these shows. Seeing as I ain’t
no spring chicken myself I wondered how much these things go for. I mean, I
know they don’t come cheap but umm, yea!! So how much does it cost to freeze
eggs?
“Fertility’s fees can be as low as $200 per month. Clients should be
prepared to spend $9,000-$13,000 for one egg freezing treatment cycle which
includes standard medical, science and service fees, egg transportation and the
first year of storage. Subsequent treatments are priced between $5,000-$9,000. In
addition to these fees, clients should expect to pay $2,500-$4,000 per treatment
cycle for medications that are ordered directly from our specialty pharmacy partner
and several hundred dollars in laboratory costs for required infectious disease
screening. NOTE: Plenty of things can go wrong. The
eggs might not survive the freezing process. They might not create viable
embryos when mixed with sperm. And, even more likely, they might not attach to
uterus when implanted.”
YIKES!!!
You know how you see or hear something the first time and all of a
sudden it seems to be everywhere? I heard this phrase “You’re only as happy as
your saddest child” for the first time earlier this week and I’ve heard it on
two other shows on two consecutive days since then.
I really don’t understand how someone I don’t really talk to
expects me to invite them to come visit…for wetin na? So I’m pose to take time
out and host you, let you stay at my crib, entertain you meanwhile in all the
years we’ve ‘known’ each other we say maybe 3 sentences when we see.
#wheredeydodatat? Abeg shift.
Fruit Cake from Whole Foods = Delishhhh!!!
It really blows not having ‘anyone’ to talk to sometimes.
#Lifeofaloner
It’s weird how we receive or perceive things. I looked at pics
from Stephanie okereke’s wedding and I was like ‘oh wow…’ I felt it was a well
done, classy ceremony aka money well spent and not over the top even tho I hate
grooms in white. Then I see another wedding where you can obviously tell boku
money was spent and for the most part most of it was nice but I just didn’t get
the same feeling…maybe it was the ballerinas? Lol *shrug* . But
mehnnnnnnnn…Money is GOOD!!! Chei! God dey sha aka #PoorMansPrayer.
Completely forgot about ‘Absentee Vote’…I’m glad that’s an option
even tho it prob won’t make a diff in TX.
I really didn't have much to say after all. lol. I sha wanted to come dust the blog sha. I hope everyone one of you have been doing well. It's weird how most people just kinda dropped off...pretty sure its thanks to twitter and you all prob still keep up with one another on that side. Anyhoos, you all be easy!! The end of the year is upon us uall...do your best to ride it out strong.
Muah Muah Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Peace and Hair Grease!!
4 comments:
Good to have u back (from one elopee to another).
Try glancing back every now n then, would be nice to have the old comers
Nice Anon: Hello stranger. I hope all is well and this year has been good to you. :)
Nice Anon: Hello stranger. I hope all is well and this year has been good to you. :)
Barrister!! How now...i don hail you for your side.
Niceyyyyyyyyy!! I doubt you'll come back here and see this but i have no other way of saying hey...but what the heck. HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Hope you've had a great year too :)
Post a Comment