Wednesday, February 1, 2012

TwEnTy EleVen

*sweeps off cobwebs and dusts furniture*

My mates are well into the new year [can you believe Jan is in the bag already?? Choi!!] and me i'm just 'taking stock'...i meant to do earlier oh but lets just say i've been on an extended vacay of sorts...i feel like i just now got back to 'reality'.

How has everyone been? Hope the year is going well so far. For all those that made resolutions...shey you are keeping up with them?? If not, you have a new start...if Feb!!

Eh hennnn so about 2011 eh............

Faith
Where do I even begin with this? My faith and Christian life wasn't as bad as 2010 but not where i need it to be. I started out the year like most…prayed, 'feigned' belief and all that great stuff but I went through so many bouts of “Argh, God you know what? I’m done! You’re God and you’re going to do what you’re going to do anyway so carry on…I’ll be right here.” I went to church more and I even attended more bible study but I know I’m definitely not where I need to be. I feel like I need to unlearn some things, like I need to start afresh.  So this year, I’m going to try to be better….not be so hard on myself and allow myself to believe cos really I’m only doing myself a disservice.

Family
I saw my family 3 times last year but we talked pretty often. Christmas/new year was great, it was fun being home for as long as I was. My fam is my fam mehn…not too much talk here. Love em mucho, we solid!

Friendships
It was an interesting year…a very lonely one friend-wise. I’ve never really had a ton of friends anyway but I’ve always had a selected few allies. Well those selected few dwindled down considerably…add that to being in a not-so-new-anymore environment and it was almost depressing. I always say I don’t necessarily change the way I relate with the people so if a friendship changes chances are the person changed something [knowingly or unknowingly]…I know it sounds one kain and I’d explain but I don’t wanna ramble. At any rate, water dey always find hin level.…after all friendships can’t be forced, ey? [I know what you’re thinking…trust me I think it too]. I definitely do think it's a lot harder to make friends the older one gets but i'd peg that to ones personality too. I'll try and 'own' my environment this year.
I do have one friend that, every now and again, makes it a point to ask how I’m really doing…as in Really not just surface stuff [i'm not a big self talker and i don't get that often] and I appreciate it.

Finances
I thank God. I can’t really complain. I’m about due for the next pay bracket especially as my expenses are more now but all in all…I thank God. Didn’t make any big purchases nor did I have any out of the ordinary expenses. I’m grateful. I'd like to do some traveling this year tho so i'd probably be spending some.

Career
I don’t even want to get started on this one. My current situation makes me feel like i have crappiest 'luck' as far as the type of work i get to do...thing is A lot of people would kill [okay maybe not kill] for the kind of ‘work’ I had last year. I’m over it tho’…I need to do something else. I’m praying for real spot on direction this year.

Relationships
Here is to a great 2012!!!!! ‘Nuff said. Lol!

Physical health
I had more doctor visits than I ever remember having cos typically i got once or twice a year and they were about stuff that couldn’t really be explained to me. I felt the worst I’ve ever felt about my body...normal people grow older and begin to embrace their bodies...i seem to be going in the other direction. I didn’t eat any worse than I always have but it’s like my body just took a nose dive. I wasn’t really sick or under the weather so I’m thankful for that. I’m starting out more active [but I always do, see no results, and stop]…I NEED to keep it up. I also need to eat more meals [how do people eat five times a day? What does one eat?? :-/]

Misc
I watched a lot of TV last year. It’s weird cos I still don’t watch tv during the day even when I’m home all day but I’d pig out all day Sat watching whatever I recorded during the week…there were quite a few good shows on.
Even tho my social life was boring.com, I did a few solo events and they weren’t too bad…I hope to do more this year. Didn’t do much travel at all last year….i’d like to change that this year. I think I had a better sleep year…insomnia came around and hung out often enough but I think overall I didn’t do as bad as I usually do.

Anyhoos, here's to the most excellent Feb and beyond. Jan was a great month...i can't complain at all. Jesu seun.

...hmm i can't think off a new sign off thingymijig

ummm...Peace and hair Grease?? lol

Laters People!!!

1 comment:

Original Mgbeke said...

Random Oneeeee. Gee, I have missed you sha! Happy new year. I hope all is well with you and yours, and I wish you a fantabulous 2012.

It's never too late to take stock o jare. Nothing do you. I'm totally with you on the faith goal for this year i.e. "I’m going to try to be better….not be so hard on myself"...so help us God.

I would like to try a few solo events mesef.

Nice one. I hope this year brings you all that you wish for and more.