Thursday, March 10, 2011

One offs

Chei, i intended to post this on Hump Day oh but time ran away...ah well. I no too get yarns just that there are things i see or hear or read and want to 'note' but they are usually not enough to make a post on their own...so this is a dump of such one offs. Each one is a complete thot...no correlation to the next.

Okay so WTF is the meaning of this??
Haryour
Hennyorlah
holuwashegun

Jheeday
hardemolar
horlardeepooporh

Heebeetoye
Rhunty
Eeshawllar
barbarhjudey

Hoyehlehkay
....Who da hell decided this is somehow cool or cute?? Not only is the spelling style [if thats what you want to call it] silly…you are also intentionally adding H-factor to it. STOP it!! STOP it right now!! Irks the heck outta me.


I haven’t heard anything more about the IBM Watson jeopardy machine thingy since it's 'debut'. Was it a trial run or is it here to stay? If it is, What is the point in a machine winning and the producers donating the monies to charities when people that need the money can compete, win, and use the money?

"In a relationships, you have to choose which is more important- be happy or be right!” Flipping clichés!! If I know I’m right how can I be happy doing the wrong thing or going along with your wrong idea??? Mschew!!

"It feels a lot worse to lose than it feels good to win”…I would have to agree

If I always have a good night rest I might be inclined to work out in the morning…I said might. At the end of the day I’m totally off it *sigh*

I want to learn how to sew.

I managed to get through most of the winter without turning on my heat…I turned it on maybe 5 times in total. My apartment was surprisingly well insulated [is that the right word?]…weird but my electric bill has been thankful.

Fapped from FB: “A man wants to be a woman's first love; a woman wants to be his last." ~ Oscar Wilde. Person now went on to say- “In short, men are realistic (knowing he never will be her last); while women are hopelessly romantic (believing she will be).” Do men really want to be a woman’s first love?? I don’t know about that.

What would be the best course of action?…Do you talk about something that bothers/affects you and is important to you or do you Not talk about it because your partner doesn't quite see it the same way and there is a tendency it’ll make them feel like they are being accused of not doing enough?” Sounds like a lose-lose situation to me, No?

“If we leave everything to chance, we don’t stand a chance” Oro nla!

I read this and immediately thought of Nigeria
“I can't stand your religious meetings. I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions.I want nothing to do with your religion projects, your pretentious slogans and goals.I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes, your public relations and image making.I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music. When was the last time you sang to me?Do you know what I want? I want justice—oceans of it.I want fairness—rivers of it. That's what I want. That's all I want”.Amos 5: 21-23, The Message Translation

I have no one but myself to blame for letting down my guard!

“Most people have a distorted view of what prayer is supposed to be. We base it on what we’ve seen in church services or on television. But in reality, a vibrant prayer life is initially slow-moving, awkward, and sometimes frustrating. It’s these very reasons that will cause a person—if he is passionate enough about developing his prayer life—to be deliberate, steady, and persistent until something breaks.” – Christopher J. Harris. Hmmm

Why do people feel the need to get peoples phone numbers when they know good and well they won't use it?? Makes no sense to me. I'm not talking a guy asking a girl oh. I'm talking about say a networking event...you meet a few ladies and uall get to talking and at the end of the night one or two feel the need to ask for everyones number cos 'we should totally hang out again'...i'm rolling my eyes in my head as i call out my number cos i'm almost certain we ain't gon hang. I just don't get it. A simple 'it was nice to have met you' is really okay.

Why da heck can i only renew my Drivers License online ONCE?? Sup with that? Who has time to go and be sitting at the DMV? Mschew!

Let me reiterate- i HATE shopping for clothes...for myself!! On the flip side its awesome when i find great deals on shoes when i'm not particularly looking. I got 3 pairs in the last week or so...2 under $25 and the last pair under $35. Whooop! Whooop!

...okay i'm done ramble.

...shey uall have had a good week so far?

...enjoy the rest of you week and remember you're "too blessed to be stressed" :D



0(^_^)0

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST!!!
Lol HAYAV missed doing that so OW HARE you :)
( I apologize)

Hmm for the number part i confess its the easiest way to cut a boring convo short
you know 'emm whats ur number, ill be in touch'
collect and walk away from unnecessary gist and introductory stories
oh well, each to his own

Have a good wknd hun!

Harry said...

Please I am with the name thing... It is annoying and it is popular on facebook

Good Naija Girl said...

Thank you for sharing that opening pet peeve...it drives me nuts and I hate seeing it, especially on Facebook. I cannot believe so many people think it's somehow cool or trendy...my skin crawls when I see it (gee, I guess I really needed to talk about this!).

Did you wear layers in your apartment to put off not having to turn on the heat? I really should look into this for next year...I'm all about saving money.

Heh, I think men want to be the first love because of their ego...they want to believe that somewhere out there, regardless of her dating or being married to someone else, she has a small part of her heart that will never forget him.

Rep One said...

SORRY for the late holla back

Sweetness- lol...i don't think it has anything to do with boring convo...at least not in the settings i'm talking about. It's networking so pple are walking around introducing themselves and chitchatting so you can leave whenever you want without further committment...hope you're doing well.

Harry- Yes, FB is where i see the madness. Crazy people

GNG- lol@ skin crawling. I know right...i think its retarded.
My dear, i don't even know how to explain it...i didn't do layers at all. I even slept with my fan on. I think my building in just well insulated- if that makes any sense. I live on the middle floor but i don't think that shields me from the elements.
Hmm, i guess- men are silly.

Nice Anon said...

Biko hapam stressed and bothered right now! You wanro know why? a ticket I bought a week ago dropped $200 more? Chai! I'm sooo miffed! LOL

No mind me I'll get over it with time