Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Personality...


“A set of qualities that make a person (or thing) distinct from another; An assumed role or manner of behavior; A celebrity; Charisma, or qualities.”


“…enduring patterns of perceiving, relating to, and thinking about the environment and oneself. Personality traits are prominent aspects of personality that are exhibited in a wide range of important social and personal contexts. ...”

“The embodiment of personal traits and characteristics of an individual that are set at a very early age and are extremely resistant to change.”

“…means (1) the sum of the characteristics which make up physical and mental being, including appearance, manners, habits, tastes and moral character; (2) the characteristics that distinguish one person from another (this is equivalent to individuality)…”

What is personality?? The quotes above are some of the ones I could find. I say personality is simply ‘who you are’ A sum total of all the good/bad/ugly…is that wrong??

I have heard it said that people use “It’s just the way I am” as an excuse to continue being a certain way and not change bad habit or what not. While I agree with that to a certain degree…sometimes something are just the way people are!! Should people now make themselves unhappy or begin to worry about certain areas of their lives cos some people have something to say about their personality? I’m not even talking about bad character traits or anything endangering themselves or others.

[I'm obviously only focused on a small part of personailty as it relates to social behavior]

Who are you to call that social butterfly an attention whore? Or claim that they must lack love in their life and are looking for it by being loud and center stage? Who are you to say they have too much energy and are doing too much? How does it concern you? Ehn so what she is flirtatious? Did she steal your man? Oh I get it…it takes away from your shine?? Well, that’s a personal problem. It is in the persons personality to be extroverted and gregarious...is there something wrong with that?

Where the cuss do you get off telling anyone they lack personality, are boring or dry cos it is in their personality to say little and be reserved? Cos they don’t work the room like you do they must be ‘tarded?? So cos they are not loud and notice me or I die means they lack self esteem and are not confident? Abi when did the meaning of personality change to [only] something that stands out about a person’….and therefore because a person isn’t the jokester or the flirt or the energizer bunny then somehow they lack personality?? Let’s even go by that definition sef…can’t it be that the thing that makes them ‘stand out’ is that they are reserved?? It is in this persons personality to be introverted...is there something wronty with that??

Even if a person is socially awkward how is telling them that an ‘advice’??? You think you are telling them something they don’t know? Will You telling them suddenly make them know how to interact with people they are not familiar with?

If you can walk up to strangers and strike up conversations!! Great for you! Not everyone can…doesn’t mean there is something wrong with them, does it? Even if they have inadvertently missed out on ‘life’ cos of it…it’s sha not your life so how is it doing you??

How about You do You and you allow people Do Them??

“Love me or Leave me” is one of my motto's. If the way I am gives you a headache…pls pls pls feel free to bounce from my life or whisper in my ear about it and I’ll do it for you…abi kilo fe fa oshi? I don’t understand why anyone will want to sit and be yakking about peoples personalities especially things that don’t affect anyone else or isn’t a bad character trait.

Mschewwwwwwww!!


Make una excuse the rant…I no dey vex oh I just dey yarn. Meanwhilly, long time my people. How una dey?? I haven’t been able to do my blog rounds as I'd like…I only manage to visit a few these days. I neva forget una sha…I’ll come around to the posts I’ve missed soon enough. Luh uall like a fat kid luh cake.

How is everyone winding down 2009?

I don’t know if I’ll update before the holidays so uall have a great and fun filled one. God will keep us all till then and beyond…Amen!!

Those of you traveling…safe travels oh...bring me souvenirs. Those staying put…make una sef gbaladun where una dey jare.



Peace and Hair Grease!!!


*Muah* w/Suya and Maltina

11 comments:

Spesh said...

Long tym girl....Love the post.
Happy holidays!

Apinke said...

Personality, hmmm, good one Repressed.
Have a wonderfully unrepressed holiday. i will bring u souvenirs.

leggy said...

loved the post.
and happy christmas in advance.

Nice Anon said...

How can you be eating all these yummy things by your self? Personality is what it is.

Myne said...

Nice post, we can only be ourselves and leave others to work out their own personality. Unless they do ask for help sha.

Happy holidays!

Fabulo-la said...

Lol. U sure u no de rant?
lol

Have a good holiday babesxx

Unknown said...

Being repressed is like going the textbook way lol.. Omo, abeg no vex but thats the way i am oh , and i sure as hell wont apologise for it.. cheers,... Hppy xmas
FREE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
http/askchacha4free@blogspot.com

BSNC said...

repressed one!!!!

how dey go dey go now. babe its been a while. how we wan do this christmas now. hope you are good though.

Random One said...

Myworld-- No mind me jare...life happened

Omotee-- I go come collect my souvy oh!!

Leggy-- Thanks dear

Nicey-- I don dey hold ya plate since na...u no gree show.

Myne-- True! True!

Fab-- LOL!! I no vex jo!

2cute4u-- Hmm, interesting point!! lol

BSNC-- Na ya eye be dis? Good 'seeing' you around these parts. I'm doing great...thanks

Thanks People!! Much appreciated.

Original Mgbeke said...

Good one. You do speak the truth sha o, people are who they are and I really try not to gripe about personas unless it really chooks me. :-D
Happy holidays my dia, I wish you the best of the Christmas and a very happy new year in advance.

Unknown said...

oh.. ok oh.. thanks sha... waiting for a new post from you.
FREE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
askchacha4free.blogspot.com